My DIY WTL Tonearm

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here is my version of Bill Firebaugh's Well Tempered Labs tonearm. This arm is a 10.5" version and I am using a carbon fiber arrow shaft for the arm tube. Here are a few pictures of it with my Dual 502 driving the records.

IMG_0749_zpsf96406ee.jpg

IMG_0748_zps67fea4c9.jpg

IMG_0742_zps4359b350.jpg

Last edited:
The well tempered idea was and is a simply brilliant way to do a tonearm.
Your way ahead of others scrambling to do the same thing with complicated bearings with such Rube Goldburg thinking leading to mental masturbation and a swift self pat on their back!
(Well) Done enjoy!

Regards
David

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I will try and take more pictures as I go. Some times I get going and forget to take pictures. When the project is done then it's too late. I will have chance of taking pictures as I go as I am going to try a 12" and a14" arm.

We gotta have one of the arrow shot!!!! I'm thinking that we put golf ball on top of Zen Mod's head and see who comes closest!!! :D:D:D

Here I have the arrow shaft set up in the mill to grind a 19 degree angle for the head shell.

IMG_0777.jpg

Here the head shell and arrow shaft are ready to be glued. The glue I used is sold by Brownell's, it is called Acra-glass Gel. It is a 2 part epoxy type glue with very low shrinkage and extremely strong.

IMG_0778.jpg

And here are a couple of shots with everything glued up and finished to final shape.

IMG_0779.jpg

IMG_0780.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.