diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Analogue Source (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/analogue-source/)
-   -   Tape head preamp (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/analogue-source/224892-tape-head-preamp.html)

engatslo 3rd December 2012 04:06 PM

Tape head preamp
 
Hello!

I hope I am in the right section :D
I would need a preamp schematic for a play tape head and a rec tape head. I was not able to find much information on that....

Thank you for your time and sorry for mine english limitations

Pano 3rd December 2012 04:08 PM

:cop: moved to Analog Source

Osvaldo de Banfield 3rd December 2012 04:21 PM

Google for a NAB equalizer. I am not sure if you are searching for cassette player or open tape players. Both have different time constant in the circuits, and also they varies as the speed of tape varies.

engatslo 4th December 2012 11:36 AM

I have some cassette tape heads laying around and I will try to make a tape delay.
It will be something like this.
http://hackadaycom.files.wordpress.c...pg?w=470&h=342
http://lushprojects.com/tapehack/rightheredelay.mp3

Has anyone some useful pdfs on cassette recorders or something like that?

Thank you for all your effort

Osvaldo de Banfield 4th December 2012 12:42 PM

Here you have something to start:

http://www.qic.com.cn/qicfileserver/.../TDA2320AN.pdf

Several years ago I made a vacuum tube cassette player using EF184 as amplifiers, and it did the job fine.

stellavox 4th December 2012 02:51 PM

If you had done a search on this thread for tape preamp you would have come across;

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/analo...reel-reel.html

engatslo 4th December 2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osvaldo de Banfield (Post 3269971)
Here you have something to start:

http://www.qic.com.cn/qicfileserver/.../TDA2320AN.pdf

Several years ago I made a vacuum tube cassette player using EF184 as amplifiers, and it did the job fine.

Thank you. I have some NE5532 laying at home, can I use them instead?

Quote:

Originally Posted by stellavox (Post 3270151)
If you had done a search on this thread for tape preamp you would have come across;

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/analo...reel-reel.html

Thank you. I was only searching for tape head preamp and didn't realize, that this is practically the same.

Osvaldo de Banfield 4th December 2012 06:34 PM

Yes, perhaps nes perform better than tdas.

Mooly 4th December 2012 06:54 PM

Have you tried looking up some old service manuals of cassette decks from the 1970's and 80's such as Sony TCK5. These use simple discrete transistor circuitry running on a single rail (and the performance is superb). Or the Sony WM6DC (Nakamichi beater) portable. All easy to copy the preamps and record amps from.

Nearly forgot, you need a "bias" signal for the record head which can be DC for simplicity if needed although AC bias is far superior. 105Khz rings a bell :) Long time since I worked much on tape formats now.

engatslo 4th December 2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooly (Post 3270503)
Have you tried looking up some old service manuals of cassette decks from the 1970's and 80's such as Sony TCK5. These use simple discrete transistor circuitry running on a single rail (and the performance is superb). Or the Sony WM6DC (Nakamichi beater) portable. All easy to copy the preamps and record amps from.

Nearly forgot, you need a "bias" signal for the record head which can be DC for simplicity if needed although AC bias is far superior. 105Khz rings a bell :) Long time since I worked much on tape formats now.

I found it, but it dosent look so simple :p
105kHz is for erase head and 60-200 kHz is for recording. I think you can get better performance with a discret op amp.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:00 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2