dust brush, .00002 cents.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Tiny piece of female Velcro tape behind the needle some where up the angle of the cart at a place where it barely contacts the vinyl when needle is in play. Tested with tracking disc. Does *not* significanty alter track force until fully loaded . Loops do not damage records. Ideal

I feel this is important enough to get a pic on here somehiw, and will ASAP. For what it is worth, the geometry of this stupid little trick makes it work far better than a brush in front of the needle (regarding non interference with tracking force) This is one of those things you with you could patent, but doing so would make a decent person feel silly. I have found no, zero , zilch issues with this whereas the Shure V15 kind of brush is no more effective and has a variable mass. If you position this correctly and keep it clean it has a lot less effect on the needle due to the fact that it is located in behind the stylus. Not to get silly here but the obvious analogy is " where do I sit the fat kid in on the tweeter totter" If you sit him closer to the fulcrom,he can be fatter and not screw disrupt the CG. Stupid

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.