Technics EPA-500/501H spare part

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi !

I'm just bought a Technics EPA-500/501H tonearm without the plastic piece at the rear armwand's end. I have searched on the web in many sites, but I have not found any information about it.
In may country, some guys says that these plastic piece is a “dumper”, and others says that i for the dynamic balance, and so.
I would like to know if anybody knows what is the actual tasks of that piece and if someone have detailed pictures, (hopefully, with measures...) for to try to built it, from a acrilic piece.

Thanks you in advance !

The counterweight was specific to each wand and you could fine tune the resonant frequency from what i can remember. Not sure what the plastic basket's function was, other than decorative and protective. Dual had similarly designed counterweights from that era. IME disabling the damping on the EPA only improved the sound.

Attachments

• EPA500back.jpg
    EPA500back.jpg
    548.6 KB · Views: 110
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.