MY PARADISE - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analogue Source

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th November 2012, 10:11 PM   #31
RCruz is offline RCruz  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

Super cool stuff
Old 30th November 2012, 04:19 PM   #32
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to sq225917
Sabbath, you'll certainly get 'different' to the P9, but better? Well that depends what you are looking for. A well fettled P9 sounds pretty close to cd to my ears and that's generally a good sign. If however you are looking for more 'romance' then maybe look at different carts.
Old 30th November 2012, 06:54 PM   #33
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sq225917 View Post
Sabbath, you'll certainly get 'different' to the P9, but better? Well that depends what you are looking for. A well fettled P9 sounds pretty close to cd to my ears and that's generally a good sign. If however you are looking for more 'romance' then maybe look at different carts.
I don't know what to say really just a question of timing and circumstances and what is going on one life.
So feel free to skip this
Compromises have to be made and maybe a bottle of (juck not really good to be honest) Barbera and few nibbles help but I just had John Mayall sitting right in front of me (Decca SLK 5010 Sitting in the rain)
Guitar out of right speaker is so real and so well defined in the 3 dimensional plane that it was a real kick, just seeing how far up the neck the hand goes, only thing wrong was that in real life I would have been the one playing the spoons, but that was not to be, they where right in the middle of the stage and about 2 meters back, which if one open its eyes would have put them outside the front window, but I was quite happy any way and have to queue the same track in again.

(Tanks MPP gang if time machine taking one back 30 years is not best prise to Paradise I don't know what could be)

CD (IMO) sorry dude that was the end of proper dynamics and made life so easy for any john blow to make records.

Please note IMO there. IMO is there because I have crapy CD player and never listened to any 5 times more expensive than my analogue set-up that sounded beter and more real.

What I am looking for

I don't know really, something beter than what I have (easy peasy when comparing to RPM 4) I am only human and would always go for greener grass over the fence. Would I go for a 20/12? Not sure I can afford one.

I don't know about cart Elite remind me a lot of the AKG PD 25 (Yes bit more romance there) I use to have
Staging and as a consequence of it having old mate plucking a few strings in my living room is most important to me

Lets Just skip in vinus veritas for a sec and write this again

Stick needle on first empty turns
RPM 4 woofers is working like crazy doing old in out in out
P9 not even a little bit as much.

How much this and single trafos had to do with staging (I did open can of worms about it) I can't explain but a lot make perfect sense I know I was there just before I started writing this.
Old 30th November 2012, 07:05 PM   #34
diyAudio Member

MiiB sais that the Project Perspex 6 is very good. It comes in a package with an Ortofon Cadenza Blue that is nearly as expensive when you buy it separate.
I really do not know how Herr Lichtenegger does that.http://www.project-audio.com/inhalt/de/pdf/complete.pdf
Old 30th November 2012, 07:19 PM   #35
diyAudio Member

Brother has Ortofon Bronze on Sota TT. IT sounds wonderful. THis will be the patform which bo the the Salas RIAA and the MPP are tested on.
Old 30th November 2012, 07:45 PM   #36
diyAudio Member

Millenia at 12 K plus arm?

I did mention that 20/12 is out of budget ?

Preety perspex 6 but got RPM 4 with same arm apart from carbon fiber bits, the Cadenza may just be the cerry on top that one is going to snatch
Old 30th November 2012, 07:58 PM   #37
diyAudio Member

Sure, that is the deal.
Old 1st December 2012, 07:31 AM   #38
diyAudio Member

Tweak the TT.
Choose the 'cart romance' you wish...
...spend the 2K on some music.
( & lots of shelves ! )

Cheers

Si.
Old 1st December 2012, 10:47 AM   #39
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Space Egg Corp View Post
Tweak the TT.
Choose the 'cart romance' you wish...
...spend the 2K on some music.
( & lots of shelves ! )

Cheers

Si.
100% on that but budget for music is already there

To tweak a piece of MDF like RPM 4 no much that can bedone

To get halfdecent TT and then build one when all other project have been compleated is my plan, will it have any SWAMBO factor? not realy
Old 3rd December 2012, 04:53 PM   #40
diyAudio Member

By the way news out about transistor is

Suggested use of HFE about 400

Keep this in mind dudes

Hide this!Advertise here!