Masterpiece

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does reducing the riaa resistors and upping the caps also cause a higher amplification factor in this design ?

Can some of the findings here be tranposed to the original paradise ?

It's a fully balance design and don't really apply to paradise unless you start changing front end and then do fully balance also change current mirrors arrangement and change servo and then output stage...and finally change RIAA....ooppsss but then you have masterpiece!!! :usd:

When you lower the gain noise goes down too but you win nothing because you have to crank the volume of your preamp to get the same loudness.
It could be though that the noise in the bass goes down a bit.
A simulation has to be done to find that out.
Why Stefanoo´s Masterpiece is now so low in noise has to be checked.
I would need the current schematic with all transistors types and details again to simulate it.

thanks.

Question, I remember finding a little curve traces USB that was pretty good for the money that was originally posted here on the forum by a chinese dude (I will look for that again and post it here)....
Anyway..I would like to ask what is the most used curve tracer here for matching BJTs?

Since Matching in this design is vital, I would like to match device properly on the next built, so I am looking for an inexpensive USB curve tracer that can get low power parts matched pretty well.

Just FIY the chinese curve tracer can do up to 2.5A and if power supply is enhanced can get up to 5A.

Beolow is quoted from the post

Mainly for the following reasons:
1.The the maximum output voltage is only 36V(It limited by the op amp).
2.My initial design, the maximum measuring current of 5A, and each PCB actually can work in 5A current.
3.Most of the transistor Hfe-Ic curve is under Vce = 5 or 10V.So the maximum voltage on RC is 25V, So RC = 5 ohms is best.The my early have used 6.8 ohm / 4.7 ohm.I'm here with 4.55 ohm reasons is more I have 9.1 ohm resistor.

The PCB compent can work in 5A,But why I set them only work under 2.5A?
Because the HP switch power supply only can output 2.5A, If exceeded, the power will be shut down. you need to restart the power it.
So I produced, select R48 and R50, so that the protection circuit of each PCB around at 2.5A effect.

well but so does the other.
I haven't dug into that in detail, but it looks like you can store and recall and compare curves, am I wrong?

The problem with the 75 is that you can only put 5mA, so if for instance I want to match BJTs on my design which are working at 12mA, I would be unable to do so.

Am I missing something?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.