Masterpiece

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I see what you are saying.
Like I said you are the master and without your ideas this would have NEVER happened thus you have a big saying in this too of course.
So what you are saying if I am not wrong is to design this with maximum standards but to give opportunity the most experts to build this too.

This is very very interesting.

I am absolutely 100% in agree with you.

Them we need to make final improvements to the circuit measurements and design pcb for audio circuit and design a smart battery charger.

Anything else?

Making the mirror even higher output impedance is easy. I can make a mirror with infinite output impedance. Opus Magnum under NDA.
The problem is that this kind of mirrors create an enormous offset with tiny chamges in the input offset. That is the reason i could not make the Opus Magnum single stage. I do only the 75usec transimpedance and the rest in a second stage active.
On the other hand what does that buy us ?
We can make the bass resistor close to the theoretical value. On the other hand making that resistor a little bigger compensates the finite output resistance to 100% so where is the deal ?
I think the mirror as is performs just fine.

Making the mirror even higher output impedance is easy. I can make a mirror with infinite output impedance. Opus Magnum under NDA.
The problem is that this kind of mirrors create an enormous offset with tiny chamges in the input offset. That is the reason i could not make the Opus Magnum single stage. I do only the 75usec transimpedance and the rest in a second stage active.
On the other hand what does that buy us ?
We can make the bass resistor close to the theoretical value. On the other hand making that resistor a little bigger compensates the finite output resistance to 100% so where is the deal ?
I think the mirror as is performs just fine.

I agree with you.
BTW I am astounded at how stable the offset in this circuit is.
I have never seem something so stable.
Again this go out of of popular opinion but I want to try discrete op amp with K389. I don't know just want to try.
I will post the circuit I intend to use.

When I was talking about the mirror I meant the current source.

What do you think about the super get for the output state and separate shunt supply.
Biasing it at 30mA.

How can we improve on the Paradise buffer ? As long as that buffer is not taxed beyond its current and voltage ability it is audibly transparent. We can only improve dynamic range. We need a buffer that can throw more voltage and current with neglible distortion.
I have posted several options.

The topology we posted have less distortion.
We can have like I said +/-26V for the output buffer and bias 30mA.

The current source for the input transistors in fine too. It is part of the good DC stability because it makes sure that the same current flows in the balanced diffential sides.
Instead of refferencing this current source mirror to ground you can try to float it.
Yes, i like high idle in the buffer.
In my line stage with lateral fets i even go to 100mA.
I think that is a good recipy for improved sound.

The current source for the input transistors in fine too. It is part of the good DC stability because it makes sure that the same current flows in the balanced diffential sides.
Instead of refferencing this current source mirror to ground you can try to float it.
Yes, i like high idle in the buffer.
In my line stage with lateral fets i even go to 100mA.
I think that is a good recipy for improved sound.

Ok let me try the super fet at 40mA. The problem there is power dissipation.
Don't know how much they can handle.

I have now decided what version of the buffer i like best or better that works best to me.
It is the BJT version. I am using a bit different semis then Calvins schematic so i will publish the exact circuit i build. I can not overlook if changes to that circuit give the same result so when you want the same result that i got you have to build it my way.
My circuit produces around 5mV DC offset but that can be trimmed.

I have now decided what version of the buffer i like best or better that works best to me.
It is the BJT version. I am using a bit different semis then Calvins schematic so i will publish the exact circuit i build. I can not overlook if changes to that circuit give the same result so when you want the same result that i got you have to build it my way.
My circuit produces around 5mV DC offset but that can be trimmed.

Ok I will give it a try.
Given we have the servo 5mV shouldn't be a problem.
However I was thinking to move the input of the servo at the input of the buffer and give it a listen.
In that case I will need to trim the output if the buffer!
Do you have any clue whether moving servo will impact sound at all?
I am a curious person always like to try new things :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.