Masterpiece - Page 18 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analogue Source

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th October 2012, 09:39 PM   #171
MiiB is online now MiiB  Denmark
diyAudio Member

I have no idea, I made for a power amp... hence the big transistors. The Riaa developed along the way, as I could see the gain-bandwidth was very high.. This was really the start of the persue of a one stage Riaa...that with JG and me collaborating on the paradise. This here the oneshot had all the good things from the paradise, the natural distortion distribution with lower distortion with higher frequency. Only thing is the noise and that it's merely a concept not a final circuit.

But made with the steep low noise fets, it can be a good contender.

Last edited by MiiB; 7th October 2012 at 09:45 PM.
Old 7th October 2012, 09:50 PM   #172
diyAudio Member

that is a nice concept.
Why did you guys decided to go for the Paradise concept instead of this one then?
Old 7th October 2012, 09:53 PM   #173
diyAudio Member

My thread is longer ! (-:
Old 7th October 2012, 09:54 PM   #174
diyAudio Member

No, this is not an AD797 at all. The AD is bipolar and has conventional folded cascodes.
Old 7th October 2012, 09:55 PM   #175
diyAudio Member

one very good reason, we opted for bipolars... and we got into mirror type circuits. The onestage came from here, the input from JG's circuits..

In all a fruitful combination. There was never the intention on making a balanced input. more to do the best we could with the combinded knowledge we had.. also we wanted easy to get parts. so that it was possible to build for "normal" DIY'ers

Last edited by MiiB; 7th October 2012 at 09:58 PM.
Old 7th October 2012, 09:57 PM   #176
diyAudio Member

See explanation of AD797 circuit on page 11.http://www.analog.com/static/importe...eets/AD797.pdf
Old 7th October 2012, 10:01 PM   #177
diyAudio Member

And Stefanoo, we did not want to make the End Of Life phono stage. Just something good and innovative. That brings in a lot of new people into the game. That it got as good as it is plus extremely affordable and success guarantied happened because we all crushed our crowns and worked as a team.
Old 7th October 2012, 10:41 PM   #178
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim Gerhard View Post
And Stefanoo, we did not want to make the End Of Life phono stage. Just something good and innovative. That brings in a lot of new people into the game. That it got as good as it is plus extremely affordable and success guarantied happened because we all crushed our crowns and worked as a team.
nice....very nice.

I hope we can work as a team to create something more advanced...
Old 7th October 2012, 10:41 PM   #179
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiiB View Post
I have no idea, I made for a power amp... hence the big transistors. The Riaa developed along the way, as I could see the gain-bandwidth was very high.. This was really the start of the persue of a one stage Riaa...that with JG and me collaborating on the paradise. This here the oneshot had all the good things from the paradise, the natural distortion distribution with lower distortion with higher frequency. Only thing is the noise and that it's merely a concept not a final circuit.

But made with the steep low noise fets, it can be a good contender.
Did you end up building the power amp with this topology?
Old 8th October 2012, 04:51 PM   #180
diyAudio Member

No. this remained just a study, I drifted into CFB for power amps. Now looking at this again, I see fantastic options for forming a CFB structures around it making it into something spectacular. But that is another story.

Now the balanced input, novel folding and JG's special Jfets is on the table, something good in terms of a Riaa should be possible. Wonder if one could find a model of that Jfet, sure somebody somewhere must have made one...

Hide this!Advertise here!