Masterpiece

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
I used Dale RN60D 1/8W 1% 100ppm, very good sound: I used at my first stepped shunt attenuator, second and last with Shinkoh both with Shallco rotary switch. I never used Melf resistors. Another good sounding resistor is Vishay VSH bulk foil radial conformal coating 0.3W values from 5R to 120K
5-50K 3$95
51-75K 4$95
76-120K 6$50
Seller Michael Percy Audio USA http://www.percyaudio.com/Catalog.pdf
I'm not affiliate with him, simply I'm a satisfied customer.

Last edited:
I took these pictures yesterday and like them and just thought of sharing them here...and it would be cool to share set ups pictures too..

Attachments

• Optimized-1.JPG
    Optimized-1.JPG
    185.5 KB · Views: 567
  • Optimized-3.JPG
    Optimized-3.JPG
    182.2 KB · Views: 568
  • Optimized-4.JPG
    Optimized-4.JPG
    166.3 KB · Views: 569
Thanks for the interest. The project is still in the making. It evolved into a hybrid unit with phono and like stage built in with both battery and transformer supply.
It turned out to be a very challenging design both electrically and mechanically.
Mechanicals however are ready and latest PCB has minor adjustments prior to be fully completed and then I will send out he POs.
Boards will be special Teflon material all very high premium parts throughout.

Once completed I will post some pictures although all the details of the circuit and the further developments that have happened for both preamp and phono amp will not be disclosed but there are already many posts about the basic idea for this phono amp in this thread anyway. :)
Stay tuned.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.