Masterpiece - Page 11 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analogue Source

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th September 2012, 07:36 PM   #101
diyAudio Member

You could also make a parallel symmetric long tail pair with P-Channels on the negative side. That would have 3dB noise advantage over a single N-Channel long tail pair.
Old 26th September 2012, 07:57 PM   #102
FdW is offline FdW  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanoo View Post
I am not an expert of servos and I might not understand the way you intend to use that circuit (maybe here a drawing could help) but, if I am understanding right by connecting the input to GND, you are actually using a differential amplifier to sense the common mode ouput offset and injecting it back to the stage.
If my understanding is correct, then I am afraid that the authority of this servo control could be way to high to not only influence very low frequencies but a higher badwidht causing perhaps suppression of musical signal as well.

My two cents and I could be wrong f so, please explain.
Like in the picture, it would not fight AC differences between source and destination equipment, only DC (but I did read some ware, I think it was one of dself's books, that this can/will be helpful).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6361.jpg (326.5 KB, 217 views)
Old 26th September 2012, 08:14 PM   #103
diyAudio Member

This would work too. J-Fets are self conducting so do not need to be arranged as long tail pairs with constant current sources.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Phono Bal i.jpg (41.3 KB, 205 views)
Old 26th September 2012, 08:19 PM   #104
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiiB View Post
Cool to invent a cartridge with a center-tap.... Who will you find to build it for You....??

Or do I misunderstand your schematic..???

The LTP has a common reference so you can use the cartridge floating....
Here is a possible revision of that.
Now the they are both referenced to the same poin LTP's style.

MasterPiece-R4

When do we want to start evaluating the prototype? I wuold like to know if we are all ok with the schematic or we feel that improvements should be made (perhaps Servo?).
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MasterPiece-R4.pdf (39.6 KB, 45 views)
Old 26th September 2012, 09:17 PM   #105
diyAudio Member

Only you can decide that. I would build it and learn in the process.
Old 26th September 2012, 09:30 PM   #106
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim Gerhard View Post
Only you can decide that. I would build it and learn in the process.
yeah for sure, I will try to build it in the next couple of days or maybe sooner.
But what do you think overall about the schematic?
Would you do it differently?

I thought we were having a joint like on the paradise where a lot of ideas were thrown in, evaluated, perfected and so on....and not only me... which I am most of the time dumb and have a just this little knowledge and experience compared to the monsters here

If you guys have the desire just like me to build something meaningful a balance phono stage then let's start working more as a team.....I don't know if my point comes across.....
Old 26th September 2012, 10:36 PM   #107
diyAudio Member

Sure, i needed 3 years until SOME took me serious. Patients is extremely important when you want to do something outstanding like you plan. By the way the Paradise R3 needs the elcaps because the input stage is BJT. With BJts you need to separate the bias. J-Fets do not need that. So at least one attempt to answer that question.
Old 27th September 2012, 01:23 PM   #108
diyAudio Member

you are right Joachim afterall I am alredy glad that few people so far are partecipating!

For the ElCap, thanks for the explanation it makes sense.
Masterpiece R-4's prototype is almost ready...hopefully I will be completing it tonight and start making some measurements and listening tests tomorrow.
Old 27th September 2012, 01:42 PM   #109
diyAudio Member

You are very fast, Stefanoo. I wish you success.
We are already at post 108, so i think you get good attention. When the circuit works it will get even better. Many people here are more practical and not so interested in details of the topology. I would contribute more but i am too busy at the moment.
Old 27th September 2012, 01:57 PM   #110
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim Gerhard View Post
You are very fast, Stefanoo. I wish you success.
We are already at post 108, so i think you get good attention. When the circuit works it will get even better. Many people here are more practical and not so interested in details of the topology. I would contribute more but i am too busy at the moment.
I understand...don't worry...whenever you have little more time...then...feel free to throw in your 10 cents

I "unfortunately" work full time as well....so I can't complete it as fast as I would like to...

Hide this!Advertise here!