What would be a good used TT to customize

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys,

I want to buy an old TT to customize and salvage. First I just want to build a nice casing for it with a few gadgets and gimmicks that I have in mind and play a little bit with the electronics to get a feel for it.

Later when I am more skilled I would like to upgrade the components (change the motor, bearings, etc)?

I do this just for fun. So what do you think is a good used TT to start and play with? I am looking for a belt driven, non automatic TT. I am looking for a motor that can support around 12 lbs.

I would like to invest around US 150. I know its not a lot but this is my first project and if I get a feel for everything I invest more next time so please don't criticize me too much for being stingy :)

I am grateful for any input.

Hi you can try a Lenco L75 or L78, good vintage TT easy to rebuild and upgrade and a lot informations on how to do to find online.

That's a photo of my L78SE:
3b17aa70.jpg

f4d190cc.jpg

997352b8.jpg

As suggested by Jean Nantais...

Consider a Miracord,Dual, or any other idler wheel. If you start with something inexpensive, you can learn a lot, which could translate into a great table. Of course you can always buy a Lenco, but I haven't found one worth doing going on 4 or 5 years at an affordable price.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.