Originally Posted by Benedetto
@J.G.;
nothing fooled yet.
But in some Friends builds, there are some
issues that make them think....
Like heat !

Originally Posted by Joachim Gerhard
too much heat of the cooling fins ?
On the other hand running the cooling fins on lower heat would provoke a plethora of responses that a shunt works best driven HOT.
That comes from too much input voltage.
When the semis get hot there is a chance of oscillation.

On the other hand running the cooling fins on lower heat would provoke a plethora of responses that a shunt works best driven HOT.

Tanks Peter

Today I have measured the heatsink temperature from both boards .
After a half hour 50 Degree C constat, by 24 Volt input. Output 18 Volt
steady and I can adjust + - 0,5 Volt. ( see Benedettos Fotos my boards ) :)
Is that OK Frans :confused:
All the best from the green Island

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Hesener has now " repaired " a certain amout of boards that have being send to him by desperate builders. He told me in a private conversation that he got very good and fast to track the issues because basically every time the same mistakes show up.
When you get into trouble, ask him. If it gets a total disaster he may repair the boards if time permits. I can not speak for him though. To repair 600 boards is of cause impossible.
Read the fu... manual and try to make no stuffing mistakes.
Our friend in Brunei got really mad. I said : look if you have reversed something.
He said NO: Then he found that he had reversed ALL Leds because he has mis interpretted the lettering. And so it goes...
Do not drink alcohol the day before and THINK before you put something in. Then the chance is high that it works right away. The instructions get permanently updated if we find any new bugs.

Well said, I am available. I am afraid there is no easy means to detect oscillation of the PSU other than with a scope - the shunt is so good that detecting it with a DMM is difficult. I have yet to get my hands on a Paradise R3 "amplifier" that oscillates......

Good morning all
Just for clarity
Is Q107 R108
and Q207 R208 that need changing?

I got a stash of 2SK107BL from Mouser from time to time they do get same so place your order and eventually they will arrive.

I am going to try those this morning, if SHE lets me, I don't have the J113 but I will get same for the R3 boards.

Last edited:
I have been re-reading the build guide
Quote from Paradise R3 Assembly and trubleshooting guide .

My
recommendation would be to use values around 400 for both N and P for the input stage, whereas
the other parts of the circuit can use higher gains (but please make sure you have those decoupling
caps in place on the bottom side of the PCB)

It sems to contradict recent posts...

I believe that Joachim mentioned advantages to be had if the Imput stage has hi Hfe is this correct?

I have NPN up to 550 and PNP over 600

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/swap-meet/226166-paradise-bcxxx-40-a.html

Last edited:
Good morning all
Just for clarity
Is Q107 R108
and Q207 R208 that need changing?

I got a stash of 2SK107BL from Mouser from time to time they do get same so place your order and eventually they will arrive.

I am going to try those this morning, if SHE lets me, I don't have the J113 but I will get same for the R3 boards.

If you have a model of the 2SK107BL, will you post it?