Paradise Builders

. But it may well be that none of us has a DC-coupled system....

I don't (unfortunatley) I still have a capacitor at the out put of the pre amplifier and presume that this is the same for 99.9% of the general population

Another reason why I have never noticed any nastiness is that I have a on delay and fast switch off on the amplifiers.

The FiFi is switched on at the wall and the amplyfiers need to be taken off stand by the speakers are connected after about 30 seconds.

All is taken care by a single transistor flip flop and a NTE7100.

after trying the paradise, it is difficult to understand why people have been so concerned with lowfilters for turntables over the years.:)

Most probably you have a decent turntable I have a RPM 4 and woofers are dancing I tried the Rega P9 and that stopped.
This take out of the equation room modes and listening level

PS. I like to listen to low range with my tummy

I am saving up for a turntable worthy of the paradise (yess better than the Rega P9 Is no secret how much I like and respect the Paradise) and being very nice to my partner.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I am saving up for a turntable worthy of the paradise (yess better than the Rega P9 Is no secret how much I like and respect the Paradise) and being very nice to my partner.

Last week I have helped a friend install his newly acquired VPI Classic packaged with VPI 10.5 inch unipivot. To move his ZYX Bloom from his Systemdek with RB300 to the new one also. That VPI is a very heavy deck for the price and the upgrade was strong in all areas. Keep that model in your list also.

A bit OT but I had a VPI Classic and had problems with hum induction from the rather strong 220V motor directly into the cartridge, tested with a number of different phono stages and different cartridges. In the end I went for another TT even though I liked it (beside the clearly audible hum). Also, because the motor runs at 220V the TT ground = safety earth. Not ideal.

Regards
Sven

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
A bit OT but I had a VPI Classic and had problems with hum induction from the rather strong 220V motor directly into the cartridge, tested with a number of different phono stages and different cartridges. In the end I went for another TT even though I liked it (beside the clearly audible hum). Also, because the motor runs at 220V the TT ground = safety earth. Not ideal.

Regards
Sven

We had no such problems in our recent test. The phono was the Simplistic MM with SUTs inside the single box for near 60dB gain. The Zyx Bloom H has clear blue hue plastic body and has 0.48mV output. I.e. no shielding. It had no hum with just the output plugs connected so we skipped the dedicated chassis gnd wire. Go figure...

Attachments

• Testing 200Mhz Bjt's in PSU pssr.PNG
    Testing 200Mhz Bjt's in PSU pssr.PNG
    37.7 KB · Views: 447
Last edited: