Paradise Builders

Hello,

I'm very happy with my paradise.

I've found no suggestions about the size/value of the fuse at the mains input.
I have a holder for 2 fuses there for both, + and -.

For testing I have two 2 amp. fuses in there, which are surely not the right value.

Best regards,
Christoph

PLEASE NOTE: This information is for the primary/mains-side of the device!

WARNING: BE VERRY CAREFULL WHEN WORKING ON MAINS CONNECTED CIRCUITS, ALWAIS UNPLUG FIRST!

The ‘Paradise’ system is using about 150mAac per supply, as there are 4 supply's this will be a total current of 600mAac.

When U are using a 28Vac transformer then this will work out at 600mAac * 28Vac = 17Watt, to this we allow some transformer losses and make it a nice 20Watts.

This 20Watts translates to (about) 100mA@220Vac or 200mA@110Vac.

Next what you need to do is find the transformer specifications; it will (most probably) specify a maximum primary current (that may be sustained indefinitely). The fuse you need to select has a value between 100mA@220Vac(200mA@110Vac) slow blow and the transformer specified maximum (also slow blow).

Practically, I would select a fuse 2 * the calculated value, that is 200mA@220Vac(400mA@110Vac), but it has to be below the maximum that is specified for the transformer.

All wiring on the primary/mains side of the system should be able to carry at the least this current, but preferably 5 times it (that is 1A@220Vac(2A@110Vac)).

These (above) are my 'ballpark'-guidelines :) this should be sufficient for any home audio appliance.

See also: http://www.optifuse.com/PDFs/FuseSelectionGuide_RevA.pdf

Last edited:
SMD cap, footprint 1206

Guys,
the SMD caps, footprint 1206 - C901, C901_1, C901_2, C902, C902_1, C902_2, C903, C903_1, C903_2

CAPS are available in FILM or CERAMIC - which one would be the better choice in the paradise

what are they for - are they really important??? because the manual says: THESE CAPS ARE OPTIONAL

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Guys,
the SMD caps, footprint 1206 - C901, C901_1, C901_2, C902, C902_1, C902_2, C903, C903_1, C903_2

CAPS are available in FILM or CERAMIC - which one would be the better choice in the paradise

what are they for - are they really important??? because the manual says: THESE CAPS ARE OPTIONAL

Please put ceramic caps. They are helpful in avoiding oscillations in the current mirrors, so if you do not have oscillations you can happily leave them out. As a safety measure, it doesnt hurt to put them in....

PLEASE NOTE: This information is for the primary/mains-side of the device!

WARNING: BE VERRY CAREFULL WHEN WORKING ON MAINS CONNECTED CIRCUITS, ALWAIS UNPLUG FIRST!

The ‘Paradise’ system is using about 150mAac per supply, as there are 4 supply's this will be a total current of 600mAac.

When U are using a 28Vac transformer then this will work out at 600mAac * 28Vac = 17Watt, to this we allow some transformer losses and make it a nice 20Watts.

This 20Watts translates to (about) 100mA@220Vac or 200mA@110Vac.

Next what you need to do is find the transformer specifications; it will (most probably) specify a maximum primary current (that may be sustained indefinitely). The fuse you need to select has a value between 100mA@220Vac(200mA@110Vac) slow blow and the transformer specified maximum (also slow blow).

Practically, I would select a fuse 2 * the calculated value, that is 200mA@220Vac(400mA@110Vac), but it has to be below the maximum that is specified for the transformer.

All wiring on the primary/mains side of the system should be able to carry at the least this current, but preferably 5 times it (that is 1A@220Vac(2A@110Vac)).

These (above) are my 'ballpark'-guidelines :) this should be sufficient for any home audio appliance.

See also: http://www.optifuse.com/PDFs/FuseSelectionGuide_RevA.pdf

Thank you as well. I have never heard an explanation on how to determine the value. I always put it slightly below the total bias of the circuit.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
My unboxed Paradise Which is sounding very very good.
Time to buy some cases.

GEDC0832.jpg

Good news, at least from a DC point of view you are up and running...

The circuit node where the RIAA caps go is very high impedance, there should be very little capacitance there. Thats strange.....

Thats realy strange but I resolder the 10nF (measured 9,94nF) and the 1nF (measured 1048pF). And made a soundcheck again.
Hmm, good, but not perfect. There is still a hiss in voices or more a lisp.
I use a Benz mirco MC silver with 2,0mV output. Is this system useful?