Paradise Builders

Here is a picture of my build. Suggestions for groundings? Currently still humming and more on the L channel ( measured 6V on pin6 of IC and test point of 6800uf capacitor).
Something is wrong, if you have 6v on the 6800uf cap. It should only be around 0,5v:)

Yeah, as communicated previously with Alfred and the suggestions was to wait for a few days to see if it is going to settle down. My other channel measures only 0.5V. I am not sure where to look at ? Input transistors?
quan

Here is Sketch of bus of stars
this is if you use 2 box set up
the input and output cables sockets must be isolated from the enclosure as those are grounded on the PCB

This means that 4 wires came from cartridge and all 4 are isolated from the ground

Attachments

• Buss of stars.PDF
    4.6 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Add turntable and pre amplifier

For the turn Table this is normally double insulated same as to say it does not have a ground on the mains plug
so the screen wire for the arm is connected to the grounding lug on the chassis
This make a really convenient place where to connect the ground cables from the phono boards

Attachments

• Buss of stars0001.PDF
    7 KB · Views: 128
Same cartridges use the left cold wire as ground as well but this is as far as I know for MM cart so no problems
And is your TT got a ground cable on the mains plug you don't need the connection to the ground lug (main rule for avoiding ground loops is use only one cable to each point)

So use insulated plugs or if those are not get your snips and cut the screen cable as the metal enclosure will became your wire.

Lets see what happens with normal cables when you connect Paradise to pre amplifier.

You get 2 relay nice and juicy ground loops

As normal cables have a signal wire (hot) and a screen connected to both plugs

so again snip snip the screen at the pre amplifier end as this is connected to the mains with the ground cable on the plug

Do not disconnect the mains earth cable on the plug as this is there for your own safety

One can go further and squiggle the amplifiers on the drawings but I think I bored you already so ....

Attachments

• Buss of stars0002.PDF
    9.6 KB · Views: 103
Here is Sketch of bus of stars
this is if you use 2 box set up
the input and output cables sockets must be isolated from the enclosure as those are grounded on the PCB

This means that 4 wires came from cartridge and all 4 are isolated from the ground

Mains ground to star/chassis-ground connection needs to be decoupled (DDCR) otherwise the mains-ground in the player connected to the player chassis will form a ground-loop via the common-wire that connects RIAA-signal-ground with player-signal-ground. If needed (preferred it is) a separate signal-ground and chassis-ground should also be created in the player, and then you will have the proposed 6-wire RIAA to player connection.

Mains ground to star/chassis-ground connection needs to be decoupled (DDCR) otherwise the mains-ground in the player connected to the player chassis will form a ground-loop via the common-wire that connects RIAA-signal-ground with player-signal-ground. If needed (preferred it is) a separate signal-ground and chassis-ground should also be created in the player, and then you will have the proposed 6-wire RIAA to player connection.

Correct if you have a player with a chassis
Mine and most budgets are double insulated (mains plug has only live and neutral conductors) as mentioned and body is made of MDF
So I only need to ground the arm