Paradise Builders

I also experimented a bit without the servo or the output buffer. Quite serious random DC fluctuations at the transconductance riaa node. The servo manages to calm these down but because of the integration there is still up to a 100mV dc at output at times even with the servo on. Could this possibly be normal?

I am inclined to think the reason for the positive bias is a disbalance from the transconductance stage which the servo fails to fully correct. With the servo switched off there is a positive 1 - 3v appearing at the output of the transconductance stage. No idea why as my bipolars are carefully selected. Maybe i have made a mistake somewhere...

I had initially an offset of around 25 to 40mV. That went down after a while. I assume that is forming of the electrolytics in the input stage ( 2 x 6800uF ). They have some leakage current that goes down with time in use.
If after several days in use the DC offset at the output does not go down there are instructions in the building manual how to raise the "authority" of the servo.
Yes, i ment searching for J310 that leave enough Vds ( Uds ) over the 2SK170.