Paradise Builders

I am working on a BOM for this, and have a few questions.
For the LEDs, what forward drop? I see Hesener used green ones, so 1.7V?
If so is this okay: 351-3242-RC Xicon | Mouser
For the 12V zener, is this mouser part okay: 771-BZX79-B12133

I will share the project when it is done, in case there are others with boards but no parts.

For the RIAA caps, it seems FKP and not MKP are the way people are going?
Also for those that have sorted succesfully, what make are you 337/327s?

thanks

The LED's in the PSU operate at 886uA, the WP710A10LGD has a voltage drop of (about) 1.86V at 886uA (estimated from the graph in the datasheet). This is giving a reference voltage of 9 * 1.86V = 16.74V. The trimmer is 2K and needed (to adjust for 18Vdc) is 18V - 16.74V = 1.26V, 1.26V - 600mV(Vbe of the transistor that 'reads' the reference) = 620mV, 620mV / 886u = 699 Ohm (or there about :)). So this should work nicely.

Last edited:
here is an improved version, with spacing for the elect caps. Alternate part numbers for Nichicon KT/KA and Elna Silmic II are included as well. I think that everything is included except for CMF/RN55 resistors.

I do not think its a problem to bend the leads, and its hard to find 5mm spacing for the small caps in stock at Mouser (i am lazy and trying for one stop shopping :rolleyes:)

Attachments

• Paradise.zip
    6.4 KB · Views: 182
Any volunteer to check this ? I am out of time. I am leaving for Krefeld over the weekend.
There is the AAA analog show. The Paradise is playing in Andrejs system. Also in the Fast Audio room the "Tanzmusik" Phono with tone control i designed with Sigurd Ruschkowski and Ward Maas. I also show a subwoofer for the Kiso speakers from Japan. My new JG1 preamp is playing in Wolf von Langas system and i just finished my entry level preamp. Its called " Das unbeschriebene Blatt ". I do not know how to translate this into english. It has MM,MC, Line inputs, Line Out, Phono Direct, Line high pass filtered and a Headphone Out. i will have lots to do and explain.