Paradise Builders

Unfortunatly i am still waiting for the smd components, i guess i should have followed my own advice:D

Attachments

• management lesson.jpg
    management lesson.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 851
Joined 2005
Paid Member
The reading on the output is jumping arround like someone who has been sitting in an ants nest:D But the input and powersupply readings are steady like a brick wall.

Did notice some of that behaviour myself, but it went away after a day or so. But then, remember I had wild oscillation problems with rev1 so that might have masked this. with rev2 (which is essentially rev 3, what you are building, no such issues.

I think it might be the elcaps in the input that are still forming. you may want to leave it running overnight and check the next day. alternatively, you could take the caps out and connect them to a 9V battery overnight, all in parallel... thats cheating a little bit....

pdul, do you have an oscilloscope? can you check the output waveform? the DMM might not tell you the true story. you could also put a 1nF cap in series with 100kOhm at the output (RC highpass) and measure the voltage across that resistor. If the DMM does not show zero, it might be oscillations....

alternatively, you could take the caps out and connect them to a 9V battery overnight, all in parallel... thats cheating a little bit....
This could give some nicey explosions, since the input caps are 6800/6,3v:D, but i know what you mean:)
alternatively, you could take the caps out and connect them to a 9V battery overnight, all in parallel... thats cheating a little bit....

I dont have a scope, but i will try the cap/resistor approach:)
Thanks.