Paradise Builders

In my system i have at the moment Satori Monitors that i passive filtered under 80Hz and cross to an M-Dipole active woofer. See the pictures at the Satori Monitor thread.
I use two 0.1uF MKP1837 in parallel and a 3.3nF LCR Polystyrol bypass.
Same result as p. I can not hear a difference if the caps are in the signal path or not.
The only difference is that i can play louder with less distortion because the Satori Mid-Woofers move less.

Last edited:
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
...Stock and flat Riaa values pretest. "Stock" is +0.2dB in the midbass and +0.4dB in the midhighs on average including any of my build tolerances. To go flat we need add 1nF more to the high and low cap values, also 820K across the 73.5K roughly. Just for reference to anybody it may prove handy.

Attachments

• Stock.png
    Stock.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 409
  • Flat.png
    Flat.png
    15 KB · Views: 398
@pdul: Well maybe everyone can, bot not all will.

And there might be a few who decided to wait unless there is sufficient clarity about all possible issues. There have been quite a lot of good hints here already on what to take care of...

And probably quite a few of the 200 overestimated their skills ?!

Mike

Sorry Mike the boards make easy to build and are really sturdy If you consider that my R2is been running for months all is needed is patience rather than skill.

I have not started R3 as first I wanted to see how Salas did as I said earlier in the tread.
Second for R3 I want to take my time and do the best I can after all you have been told over and over again how good the Paradise sound

So how you lot are doing with the transistors is the big question
I am alright but I have 2000 from Fairchild

400 From group buy

400 Diotec from Conrad's

I am impressed by the Diotec as the HFE match is very close IMO very good manufacturing at the wafer and doping stage still no match between the PNP and the NPN batches the PNP the mean of the PNP is around 380 while the mean of the NPN is about 440

I got one more batch of Diotec on order and I hope to get lucky with those .....
IN the mean time if you can help your selves and others

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/swap-meet/226166-paradise-bcxxx-40-a.html