Paradise Builders

Don't think it will help anything. It's true that the servo has to work much harder than usual but raising the supply will only safeguard against extreme fluctuations.

I wonder if someone with better understanding of the circuit would not explain the thinking behind the servo. It seems to me there are 14 transistors whose sole purpose in life is to apply the servo output to the input pairs - could this solution be just too complex and bringing additional dc noise and drift?

If you keep having fidly trebble, you can increase load (reduce load resistor value)... I believe you should try 1200 ohm because your cart has 120 ohm output impedance and a good measure is to use 10x that value: Benz Micro | Cartridge Data | Vinyl Engine

Thanks RCruz, this tool I didn´t know. I tried everything, 22K, 1,2k till down to 120R, but nothing was helpful. Today I will install the CompCaps (arrived today). And will relisten. It is really boring, belive me.:(
Hope it sounds better:eek:

Did you measure the caps and resistors you used in the riaa filter before you soldered them in the boards ?

What are CompCaps ?

Yes I did. What should be 11uF is 10,96uF
And the 33,3uF part is 33,29uF
the Resistors I dont measure, but if I have my soldering station warm, I will recheck.
As a "Neumann " I used a blank wire (as everybody did).

CompCaps = the compensation caps in regulator.:)

My Paradie is runing !
No hum or hiss , quite dead .
I´m listening since an hour and first notice is details come clear but the music flows .
Sound is wonderfull .
The outputoffset is no problem .
I never heard my colibri sounding so sweet rich and naturally.
Many many thanks to Joachim for the design , Birger for the groupbuy ( yes everything was right except the two 2K trimmer ) , everyone else who helped in this thread and specially to Alfred for his support .

My Paradie is runing !
No hum or hiss , quite dead .
I´m listening since an hour and first notice is details come clear but the music flows .
Sound is wonderfull .
The outputoffset is no problem .
I never heard my colibri sounding so sweet rich and naturally.
Many many thanks to Joachim for the design , Birger for the groupbuy ( yes everything was right except the two 2K trimmer ) , everyone else who helped in this thread and specially to Alfred for his support .

So 'Niederrhein' is the next one :) be happy in Paradise.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Yes I did. What should be 11uF is 10,96uF
And the 33,3uF part is 33,29uF
the Resistors I dont measure, but if I have my soldering station warm, I will recheck.
As a "Neumann " I used a blank wire (as everybody did).

CompCaps = the compensation caps in regulator.:)
Please let me know the resistor values also.

Can you tape the output sound of your setup and post a file here so we can really understand what you are hearing ?

Please let me know the resistor values also.

Can you tape the output sound of your setup and post a file here so we can really understand what you are hearing ?

I will try to make a record by giving the signal direct to CD-Recorder and rip it by EAC to wav (or some other???).
Yesterday I tried more weight (3.0g), less weight (1.5g), solder 1,2kOhm and 2,2nF in input and solder the compansation caps in.
But the fizz/lisp in voices are still there.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I will try to make a record by giving the signal direct to CD-Recorder and rip it by EAC to wav (or some other???).
Yesterday I tried more weight (3.0g), less weight (1.5g), solder 1,2kOhm and 2,2nF in input and solder the compansation caps in.
But the fizz/lisp in voices are still there.
wav is cool.

If we listen to it we might identify the problem :)