Paradise Builders

Hello,

I am nearly at the point to hook the Paradise to my setup.

I've got everything working, but after having it for 2 hrs.
on the mains I realized the frightening temperature of the
heatsinks.
I can touch them only for seconds.

I run in the regulator with about 29 volts, that should be ok.

But I don't like to burn my house down on accident.

Is there a easy way to get the 29 v a little down to have a
little more headroom regarding the heatsinks?

Thanks,
Christoph

IMGP2968.JPG
[/IMG]

Either missed my post 726 or ignoring me :( :D:D:D

Read post 726 answer is there and give you 2 options

Hello,
today i start up my Paradise. First i started with one supply for both boards, all measurements were fine and so i connect my Denon 103 after set up DC Offset with a dummy.

Big Noise was the first result. Searching the source i found out that both channels playing fine for itself, without pluging the other Channel, it must be a problem with ground.

Second start with two supplies and seperate grounds, lipo batteries from my rc helicopter, and the paradise works fine. So its no question for me to bulid up to supplies.

I was suprised about the sound at the first beginning, fast, open and clear, the perfect match for my DIY setup > Audio » Hörraum

Great job guys! Special thanks to Gerhad for this mad design, i saw and heard one of the first hedgehog at frickelfest 2010 ;)

Best regards
Chris

paradise2.jpg

Either missed post 638 or ignoring me :( :D:D:D

Go and read post 638 answer is there

Brozatus once you get Paradise working you may find that is worth getting separate box for suply and 2 separate suplies as Take 5 did no need to say one can still ignore me.

So Ignore this as well
From picture you got mains soket right next to caps and Trafo next to cokes and cable running all over the place DC from capacitors running under trafo from looks of it
Move the trafo next to mains plug and rest will slot in to place

FDW on board suply is prety good but......

Brozatus once you get Paradise working you may find that is worth getting separate box for suply and 2 separate suplies as Take 5 did no need to say one can still ignore me.

So Ignore this as well
From picture you got mains soket right next to caps and Trafo next to cokes and cable running all over the place DC from capacitors running under trafo from looks of it
Move the trafo next to mains plug and rest will slot in to place

FDW on board suply is prety good but......

Dear Bksabath,

at first let me say I never ignored your advices and never will.
As my english lessons at school are now 38 years ago I have some trouble to read and write in english, it is not my native language. So I often have to use Babelfish to translate things. And it is sometimes not so easy to figure out what you meant.

Thanks to your words to my case and cabeling, I will check it again. At least I can manage the arrangement of the dc cables (close to but not under the toroidals).

There are two toroidals and two supplies in the case.

I can easyly built a separate case for the psu, but will try this first.

Best regards,
Christoph

Is there a chance to compare to the Paradise and discribe the differences?

Hi,
i heard only two hours with the paradise, so i think it´s to early for comparison.

But both plays in a similar way, for example my sold pass pearl with ono mc sounds in comparison reserved.

I think, if you love the sound of the Platina it´s no mistake to build up the paradise.

Chris

Last edited:
Dear Bksabath,

at first let me say I never ignored your advices and never will.
As my english lessons at school are now 38 years ago I have some trouble to read and write in english, it is not my native language. So I often have to use Babelfish to translate things. And it is sometimes not so easy to figure out what you meant.

Thanks to your words to my case and cabeling, I will check it again. At least I can manage the arrangement of the dc cables (close to but not under the toroidals).

There are two toroidals and two supplies in the case.

I can easyly built a separate case for the psu, but will try this first.

Best regards,
Christoph

Dear Christoph

I was only joking of course and your english is perfectly fine by me.
I try wery hard to lower the standards on this respect :D

I am shure that if you move the transformers next to the Mains plug the rest will fit nicely in to place and as I said FDW pover suply is realy good Maibe you can save same space by mounting Capacitor boards Verticaly

Besides the enclosure you got is quite nice

Al the best
Sandro

Last edited: