Paradise Builders

DESPITE Simon1972 and others attempting to help you have NOT posted the pictures they need
to help you overcome the problem.

I know that Simon1972 has built and or repaired a very great number of these Paradise head-amps.

To call it "the worst project ever" is - in my opinion - totally unfair to the designer and to all of those who have tried to help you.
I suggest that you post pictures (Possible????) and see if there is - to those who know these things - an obvious answer.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
This is a great project.

My experience. I ran into difficulty building the power supply. An esteemed member offered and fixed it for free. Then I could not get my two preamp boards to bias properly. I put the project aside for a few weeks to get some rest. Upon returning to it I inspected my work carefully and found one solder bridge on each board. After reflowing and cleaning the joints, the boards settled and performed as they should. The good folks in this thread have been helpful all along. It was a long journey but well worth it - for the sound and finding kindness in others.

Several years later I am still enjoying Paradise :) .

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2005
Paid Member
I‘m done with this project - at least for the moment.

From my personal perspective this is the worst project ever - and the only electronics project I was unable to finish.

some takeaways for my personal list
  • never buy unfinished projects that have been lying around for a decade or more
  • don’t mess with beta versions
Hi Stephan, you have pm