Paradise Builders

Is there a screen around the cartridge signal wiring?
That screen should be completely separate from the audio channels. It should be connected to chassis at both ends.

If there are any other metal parts that are not "Earthed", then connect them to the "Earth" tab/bolt next to the Phono input sockets.

Is there a screen around the cartridge signal wiring?
That screen should be completely separate from the audio channels. It should be connected to chassis at both ends.

If there are any other metal parts that are not "Earthed", then connect them to the "Earth" tab/bolt next to the Phono input sockets.

The platter and the arm is on a separate steal beam with spring suspension,I think (was a while since I had it open)the motor i screwed to the wodden chassie free from the steal beam wich is connected with a whire to the bolt at the back of the TT,I shall connect it to the bolt on paradise.

The sound aint bad...Listening to Diana Krall Live in paris.
A wide sound stage maybe not as clear highs as cd but the cartridge is brand new so...and the Roland M1000 must take away some to.But overall it sounds fine.
Well that deppends on wich LP i playing,Joe Satriani Flying in a blue dream sounds just fine.

the steal beam wich is connected with a whire to the bolt at the back of the TT,I shall connect it to the bolt on paradise
That didn´t make any difference.....
And I have oil in the bearing,could there be to little oil?
And what I can file there is no bearing loosenness.

Yes I used to listen to the car engine with a screwdriver..
It´s hard to tell but I think I hear a "little" from the TT motor with the scredriver on the wodden chassie,It´s strange,that I get a sound in the speakers, because the only thing "between" the platter and the motor is the strap.Everything else is floating.

At last, I decided to build Paradise phono stage. I made PCB myself, matched transistor and RIAA capacitors. I have enough 2SK 170 , but I wish to know Idss of Q97 and QQ98 and if it they should be matched. Same for Q 99. Is input bias current constant after trimming?Is 430hfe optimum for input stage?

I have powered one channel of Paradise , fair amount of output fluctuation +/-80mV with 10k on the input , covered input stage , input sits at 0mV , pin 6 ~1.3V .
I'm not sure if Calvins are pulling as much current as required , I have 16mA going through R6&R11 , power supplies push 150mA per rail , all voltages within the range , where to look , shall I increase Calvins current ?
Many thanks

These buffers are driving me crazy , fired up the other one and all LEDs apart from the bank under heatsink are not lightning , high and random voltage between in and out of the buffer , very high current through the buffer .
I swapped all transistors and now I have ~50mA through 2R2 , LEDs lightning up , not adjustable in-out ~30mV .
Both Paradise boards behave in the same way depending which Calvin connected , drawing either 19mA or 50mA respectively .
Do I need to play with R5 and R6 to set the current ?
Anyone?

R 5 and R7 surely?

Slav, the input transistors and their cascodes need matching. It's easier to set the Calvins up separately, with the 100k R15 fitted. Once you have them dialled remove R15 and fit to the Paradise.

IDSS 8-8.5mA for the input transistor. Match them for

You'll not get steady output from the Paradise until you have about 100 hours on the main boards and they are thermally stable, ie cased up. The large lytics take a long time to form and settle with no leakage.

I increased R6&R11 as they define how much current is flowing through the whole circuit , R5&R7 define how current splits between jfets and bipolar ,
I shall fiddle bit more later
Any helpful circuit to match input transistors and cascodes , Atlas DCA55 is bit useless in this case?

It's easier to set the Calvins up separately, with the 100k R15 fitted. Once you have them dialled remove R15 and fit to the Paradise.

Do you mean disconnect in/out from the board and plug R15/100k?
I've tried to lower R5 and R7 , went down to 2R2 same as R6 R11 on the working/adjustable buffer and overal current is 25.5mA with 4.5mA going to jfets , don't seem to be right .
I have ordered some matched PF5102 , question remains what's best way to match 2SA1381 and J107?