Paradise Builders

Role2k, you'll know your mains voltage, in Sheffield I never see even a 2v variance so I set and forget at 26.5v.

Has anyone dabbled with local regulation on their paradise? I'm wondering if splitting out the input stage onto its own local regs might not benefit the sound. Or go the whole hog and dump the shunt for six local regs.

Any thoughts or experiences?

All i can say is that i'm usually at ~236-239v mains at my hose, but the area is being fed from two different directions - so if there is any problem with the "main" power lines that feed our neighborhood, then it starts feeding from another substation which in is a bit more far away. This means i can get as low as 222v when i have measured.
My old apartment before i moved to this house usually had like 220-223v.. so i myself always try to optimize the circuit to work 100% fine with anything between 220-240v at least.
I can add that i work for the local electrical company (but with fiberoptics), so i have some insight.

With 20 ohm I get +- 23.3v...
With 2.7v over the resistor,so If I bypass the resistor I will get 26v that should be allright if the primary voltage don´t go down to much.
Then PSUD2 was right then.

20170523_212533_zpsxxdezs83.jpg

Ok,13 ohm and 75 ohm in parallel did the trick.
Now + and - is within a couple of 100 mv appart.
But the thing is when I start, the voltage is say 25.6v but after 10 minutes it is 25v but I gess theres nothing I can do about that now...:yawn:

Now I just need a working TT.

Last edited:
I am now listening with my Systemdek IIX with Jelco arm and DL301 II cartrige.
But the thing is I use Nadja DSP crossover and ATM I am using a Roland M1000 digitalmixer to make the signal digital from the paradise.
I am going to try Nadja´s analog in once I changed 2 elyts,but the thing is Nadja can only handle analog signal max 1v,how much is comming out of paradise?

I had to remove the ground cables from the PSU to the input jacks,to get rid of some hum.But I am am goig to try to ground the extra ground cable from the TT and to the case and se what happends.

The sound aint bad...Listening to Diana Krall Live in paris.
A wide sound stage maybe not as clear highs as cd but the cartridge is brand new so...and the Roland M1000 must take away some to.But overall it sounds fine.

Ryssen: If i remember right, the Paradise is ~62dB gain, which means approx 1250x gain.
So with a 0.4mV pickup (DL301 MKII) you'll end up with approx 0.5V output. But here i don't know if your pickup is listed at Vpp, Vp or RMS.

But talking about vinyl - one thing i always try to look for is good headroom, especially in the RIAA itself, but also after. Because vinyl pops/cracks sounds hundreds time worse if they distort and possibly overload any amplifier after in the chain.
Many commercial stages i have tried do quite easily distort. I remember my Black Cube SE did make pops sound really-really harsh, while my Tom Evans Microgroove didn't have any trouble at all - both were with Sumiko Palos Santos Presentation (0.5mV).

A question about my TT (Systemdek IIX with Jelco arm and DL301 II cartrige) if it´s allright in this thread.
I get this "rumble"as soon as I lower the arm and the cartridge goes down to the vinyl.
It is hardly that I hear it,and I checked with nadjas filter and at about 120-130hz it´s gone,so it´s not that typical low rumble,it´s a little higher.What could this be?

As son as I turn off the switch to the motor the sound stops..
And when I lift the arm from the record it stops to.No matter how far or near the cartridge is from the motor.
Thought at first if it had sommething to do with the glass platter,but...
Theres a grounding screw at the back of the TT,maybe I should eart it.?