Paradise Builders

Joined 2005
Paid Member
My Paradise works so far!!

Wired the PSU first, than the Prereg, measured everything...all ok, than the Paradise..all fine. It's running now for 4 hours and all is stable.
Tomorrow I will give it a go and listen to it :D
Where do I put the earthcable of the turntable and where do I put the common earth of both channels together?

Attachments

• 2013-09-27 22.37.51.jpg
    2013-09-27 22.37.51.jpg
    932.2 KB · Views: 482
Last edited:
Butcher Plate?? We live vegetarian :D Mostly :p

Thanx Joachim, later I will give it a go... I left the Paradise on all night and day. Allways checking voltages, especially the 14,40V if they are ok. Thaat seems to be the fact. With open Input get it quit stable under around 40mV. With 10K it is around 0,2mV, that will be ok.

I'm very curious!! ;)

I'm very happy!!! :D
It sounds amazing!! Even my girlfriend was thrown away by the openess and dynamics of the sound. :D
The Paradise sounds very open, I hear things I never heard before and my Electrocompaniet is a very nice Preamp.

But it has quite some hum...sounds like 200Hz. And I think it is not that really quiet. But that doesn't bother me so much...it is much quieter than the recordsurface ;)
Now listening to a lot of records and be very amazed...the next days I will have further investment about the hum...

Attachments

• 2013-09-28 22.33.04.jpg
    2013-09-28 22.33.04.jpg
    947.5 KB · Views: 397
  • 2013-09-28 22.34.05.jpg
    2013-09-28 22.34.05.jpg
    757.6 KB · Views: 376
My Paradise works so far!!

Wired the PSU first, than the Prereg, measured everything...all ok, than the Paradise..all fine. It's running now for 4 hours and all is stable.
Tomorrow I will give it a go and listen to it :D
Where do I put the earthcable of the turntable and where do I put the common earth of both channels together?

Very nice, now GO LISTEN a bit, and then build a case (fast!) :)

Hey!!

thx for all the advice. Listening to this beautifull preamp was first priority. And Suzanne Vega for me is allways a good reference. (emotionally too...)
I solved the hum by removing the Paradise from the PSU. Also the hiss is gone. I had a 10k on the input for dc-measurement. These were some carbon ones, and they are not quiet.
The casing will take a while, looking at some options (actually one :) )

What dazzels me is the sheer detail of the Paradise. You can hear very deep into the soundstage. And it as a very nice warmth also. I have a feeling it sounds better now than in the beginning. The Caps and other stuff are forming. I'm asking myself where can the Calvin Buffer do any better?