Paradise Builders

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Just finished implementing Keantoken's kmultiplier in my paradise psu.

I have:

Rectifier bridge + 470u cap + kmultiplier + 15000u cap feeding the paradise shunts.

Previously I had a crc setup... now I notice a substantial reduction in noise floor, (no hum present) and also I benefit from a 2 second turn on time.

I was afraid the extra electronics between the rectifiers and the smoothing cap would somehow "kill" the dynamics, but I am now sure it does not.

The lower noise brings benefits in terms of definition, high frq extension and detail.

This is a MAJOR upgrade that can easily be implemented in this case.

I want to thank Keantoken for his unconditional help that helped me to overcome initial design issues.

Here you can see the p2p layout I am now using.

Attachments

• Top view layout.png
    Top view layout.png
    39.7 KB · Views: 442
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Finally, i have front panels for both the amp and psu chassis. The front panels for the two amp chassis are done in laser etched, satin black, anodized aluminium.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The psu chassis gets a panel done in contrasting smoked black acrylic.

Thanks to YNWAn for the mastery of the laser blaster..

Thanks, to be fair it wasn't my idea as such - Simon (sq225917) told me he wanted something like that - they have turned out well though. The Paradise and the Pre-Regs fit really nicely in to these cases (which is very convenient for me). I'm just waiting for the laser etch laminate to arrive so I can make the back panels and then they will be finished. I've made some cute little houses for the transistors too :).

Works of art in different styles, i am impressed...

Thank you , I hope they do justice to your circuit design.

Lovely work guys.
Much nicer looking than my matt black spray paint jobbies.

Nothing wrong with matt black - these cases are all pretty much black too :) (thank you though).

I've designed some back panels too - am just waiting for the materials to be delivered to make them:

backpanelsgroup_zps24464d18.jpg

Last edited:
YNWOAN,
are you able to make and sell front and rear panels?

Well I could - but are you talking completely custom or existing template? I can do both, but completely custom is a lot more work! There is another wrinkle in that I cannot make the anodised element of the front panels so had to source them from elsewhere - I then etched them to my design (which adds cost).

Well I could - but are you talking completely custom or existing template? I can do both, but completely custom is a lot more work! There is another wrinkle in that I cannot make the anodised element of the front panels so had to source them from elsewhere - I then etched them to my design (which adds cost).

They are beautiful, I love them. Could you please describe the etching process of the anodized plates, I am facing a comparable task :)