Paradise Builders

Bksabth has considered this and has started another thread. However it has already been agreed that a balanced version will not be considered here until there is a lot more reaction based on building and listening to the present (single ended) version of the 'Paradise' has been given and discussed.

Bksabth has considered this and has started another thread. However it has already been agreed that a balanced version will not be considered here until there is a lot more reaction based on building and listening to the present (single ended) version of the 'Paradise' has been given and discussed.

100%

All I can say for now is that Paradise sound so good so before one consider "improving" it is better waith for current version to mature a bit.

I will concentrate on the mech build on my tread as there are much better electronics expert than me, is not going to be free from silly, to you, questions no chnace of that :D

Still the recent post by Algar-Emy are a must read and so are quite a few spread around, one old post by Sallas in particular keep going around in circles in my gollywog.

Keep reading

Last edited:
Hello,

the last two evenings I measured the transistors for hfe,

I got 32 pairs (hfe 475-486)
10 pairs (hfe 487-492), closest match!
and
19 pairs (hfe 521-533)

Which of them have to go to which position?

The closest matches to the input section? Or better the
highest hfe?

Thanks for helping,
Christoph

I'm noticing my boards are labeled Paradise R2 and all the documentation is for Paradise R3. Are there any differences that I should be aware of?

Thanks,
Mark

I have not recivied my R3 boards so far but no rush there as I have R2 running

As far as I know same foot print for J fets have changed (easier to solder on R3) and Imput off set is now on board I have soldered those components on botom of my R2 boards.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
As we have lots of leds on the pcb I ask if it
is allowed to use one of them as a power on
indicator on the front of the case, cabeled to
the front.
We have green leds, but for this one I will have
a red led.

Does this matter or bring any harm to the circuit?

Thanks,
Christoph
IMO it would be better to place a led (with a 10k resistor in series) connected to your raw DC psu, after the rectifying diodes and before the smoothing caps.

As we have lots of leds on the pcb I ask if it
is allowed to use one of them as a power on
indicator on the front of the case, cabeled to
the front.
We have green leds, but for this one I will have
a red led.

Does this matter or bring any harm to the circuit?

Thanks,
Christoph

No that is not allowed, this would influence the HF performance of the PSU in a very bad/averse way.

I’m having trouble finding BC337-40 and BC327-40 transistors with HFE in the same ballpark between NPN and PNP types. It appears only Fairchild is available here in the US. I ordered 250 of each in ammo pack from Mouser. I get lots of good matches with BC337-40 with HFE in the 490 to 525 range. And lots of good matches with BC327-40 in the 340 to 360 range. But no BC327-40 with HFE higher than 360. So no High HFE BC327-40 to match with the BC337-40. Would it be a good idea to order some more BC327-40 from another supplier such as DigiKey in hopes to get a batch with higher HFE or will that prove to be futile? If not what to do next to get some high HFE BC327-40?

Thanks,
Mark

No not saing closer matching
Just that I had my direct and that if you are in the States it became competitive to go that way
About HFE I am saiing that that particulr batch of Fairchild was prety hi
Different batches may be different
Yes kissed by lady luck this time....

Mine where loose in big bag, ammo pack normaly is beter for matching.