Paradise Builders

9216639217_dc59ab634e_c.jpg

My third completed build. For a friend..

Keith I tun mine off overnight. It takes about 10 minutes to sort itself out.

A question for the knowledgeable.

I've just build a new set of boards up for a friend. The shunts measured pretty good, everything lit up, though I noticed that i struggled to get 18.5v out of the negative rail, I ran out of trim pot.

I then connected the bridges. The + rail is fine and stays lit up and everything measures fine but the LED's on the negative rail no longer light up and voltages have dropped.

When I remove the bridge it all lights up again. I suspect a droopy transistor in the - section of the shunt. Any obvious suspects that I should look at, or extra points to measure voltages to help locate the problem.

I've had a real good probe around this morning and I can't find any thing obvious that would cause the LED string on the negative side of the shunt to go out when it is connected up to the rest of the circuit. Help!

Except when the CCS is not working (or the CVS that sits before the CCS).

Check the CS connection (were the CVS connects to the CCS) it should have a voltage about 3V above the shunt output voltage (what ever it is).

Check the voltage across the current setting resistor (Re of the CCS power transistor).

Also: You can short the shunt output to ground (using the ampere meter :)) and you should measure 110mA (or there about).

Last edited: