My version of an Ultrasonic Record Cleaner

new USA US cleaner

Hey folks, I found a new USA US cleaner company. I was trying to repair a Sonix 4 cleaner. The proprietary T03 power transistor is unavailable from them however you can buy a new power board for $180. Forget that! So I thought maybe someone makes a 60 KHZ power board and came across this site. Vibrato Ultrasonic Equipment Needles to say I was pretty excited about what they are doing and for those DIY's there is a bare board you can buy amongst the US cleaners they sell. I used to do electronics and their design is miles above what is currently being sold.

I contacted them and the owner, Louis Steele, replied. They are a small company just incorporated this past January. He used to work for one of the US companies mentioned in this thread. I asked about 60 KHZ and his reply.

I can produce a special order Vibrato Ultrasonic Cleaner as follows: 6 Quart tank with 4 - 60khz Transducers (35 watts each for a total of 140watts), and the Digital Heater with Countdown Timer Control (user configurable heat and time) for a cost of $385.45 and $8.75 shipping in the United States.
For the same unit with the Fixed Heater and Timer Controller the cost would be $375.68 plus $8.75 shipping in the United States. (the fixed heater can not be changed, however, I can adjust the timer).
My ultimate goal is to allow customers to select the options that they need, such as your request, by choosing the frequency, tank size, type of timer, frequency sweep, and heat/no heat, etc.
Any rate check them out and see what you think. As soon as I get enough coin I will be ordering one of their units.

Final note, I pointed Louis to this thread so he is aware of the discussion on the good and bad about the US cleaners available.

Hey folks, I found a new USA US cleaner company. I was trying to repair a Sonix 4 cleaner. The proprietary T03 power transistor is unavailable from them however you can buy a new power board for $180. Forget that! So I thought maybe someone makes a 60 KHZ power board and came across this site. Vibrato Ultrasonic Equipment Needles to say I was pretty excited about what they are doing and for those DIY's there is a bare board you can buy amongst the US cleaners they sell. I used to do electronics and their design is miles above what is currently being sold.

I contacted them and the owner, Louis Steele, replied. They are a small company just incorporated this past January. He used to work for one of the US companies mentioned in this thread. I asked about 60 KHZ and his reply.

Any rate check them out and see what you think. As soon as I get enough coin I will be ordering one of their units.

Final note, I pointed Louis to this thread so he is aware of the discussion on the good and bad about the US cleaners available.

Interesting! I might be up for one of these myself. It's much cheaper that some of the other units. I guess the question is reliability. Is there a pix?

Got it. Looks kinda shabby, however. Plastic isn't as nice as the metal ones. Oh well, need to think on it.
thanks

I look at it a little differently. You could take the unit and put it in you own custom setup like a recess mount instead of having to dissect it from a metal enclosure. Of course the plastic isn't the best but I'm looking at the cleaner and not the enclosure. Besides it looks like they are big on guaranting theirvcleaners.

I look at it a little differently. You could take the unit and put it in you own custom setup like a recess mount instead of having to dissect it from a metal enclosure. Of course the plastic isn't the best but I'm looking at the cleaner and not the enclosure. Besides it looks like they are big on guaranting theirvcleaners.

Don't be confused by the fact that I'm a member of this forum and assume that I know anything about the art of DIY! I'm scared to try this project even after all the help and reading all the posts in this thread, and I have read them all --- twice!

I pop in here once in awhile to see what is up and who has built what. I see the Vibrato units and though the plastic enclosure, looks like a plastic storage container looks kind of cheap, come on this is a diy site isn't it. How hard would it be to make a nice enclosure for the unit, it sure seems fairly simple. I have seen some of the units built here and I must say I wouldn't want to actually have to look at any of them, they are monstrosities sitting in a nice room. I would want to build it into something so only the upper mechanism for holding the records would show, and definitely not the pump and hoses and things. Anyone with a wife or girlfriend is going to hear S**t about how these things would look in a room. A stainless tub flush mounted in something nice would be something else. Anyway just my opinion and I do industrial design so shoot me if you want. Thanks for keeping the thread going it has been educational.

Last edited:
VibratoLLC,

In the future, can you make a turnkey ultrasonic cleaner as an option?

Are you talking about a turnkey Vinyl LP Ultrasonic Cleaner?
I have thought about it and priced and sourced some parts, although at this time I don't have the means financially to do this.
The orders I am receiving from this forum are the first I've received.
I'd also like to concentrate on fulfilling these orders before I take on any new projects!
Sincerely,
Louis Steele
Owner
Vibrato, LLC.

The Vibrato Ultrasonic is certainly attractive at an affordable price. Other 60khz+ cleaners are upwards of $1K, i.e., the Elmasonic. For that price you might as well get the cleaner from ULTRASONICRECORDS.COM - Home, but that one is only 40hkz!
The worrisome thing for me with the Vibrato is that I don't know if you could attach the motor assembly to the lid the way it is in the first post here, with the PVP pipes. I don't think I've got the ability of the tools to do it any other way.

I've ordered the Vibrato, this is just too good a deal to not......thank-you.

I DIY a lot, its a way to spend time on another aspect of the hobby. I understand that a lot of people dont have the skills or tools for a project like this, but would like to take advantage of the cost savings. Considering the $4K
price tag of the current ones available, I'm sure someone will come up with
a "thing" that will work with the Vibrato, but will keep the total cost much lower.

I understand Vibrato being hesitant....research, prototypes, warranty etc
would keep me away when my primary business was something unrelated.
He just wants to sell ultrasonic cleaners, thats his goal. I'm just happy I can
get one of these for a great price, with a great shipping cost.

Thanks again

Perhaps someone else who is interested could team with him and take his basic unit and build it into a nice enclosure that would contain a pump and filter system and the vinyl record holding and turning section. Seems like a very doable project that could make two people some real money and a nice side business. Just my 2 cents worth of lurking.

I can't wait that long for someone to come up with a workable unit. This thread has got me Jonesing for an Ultrasonic cleaner. My VPI 16.5 isn't enough anymore, it needs a supplemental cleaner. I just don't have the cajones to pull the trigger and invest the time and $ for this project. I need to come up with a plan of attack as to which build I could tackle with my limited experience and resources.