My version of an Ultrasonic Record Cleaner - Page 70 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analogue Source

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th July 2014, 10:47 PM   #691
CT0wens is offline CT0wens  United States
diyAudio Member

Default One more thing

For completists, here's the one page guide that Vibrato included with the unit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Vibrato_manual.jpg (696.3 KB, 326 views)
Old 10th July 2014, 11:21 PM   #692
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT0wens View Post
Gents,

Yesterday, I received my 6Q/60khz unit from Louis Steele of Vibrato LLC. From the previous posts, as you'll recall, this unit was inspired by this thread. It shipped safe and sound with excellent service from Louis.

For those considering it, I thought I'd post a few photos and a brief video demo of the unit in action. So far, it's a no-brainer at the price - simple to use, and a very different experience than my much bulkier and (40khz) NOISIER! ebay unit from China.

The photos depict what you get when your 11-pound box arrives at your door...

The video link takes you to youtube..

Basic demo of a Vibrato Ultrasonic Cleaner - YouTube

(Also, I'm in no way affiliated with Vibrato - other than being a happy customer)

cheers
Its a great relief that the Ultrasonic Cleaner arrived in good shape! Packing was done by a local UPS Store, and I am glad you posted photos of their good job.
Thank you for the kind words! It is more that I could have hoped for. I am glad that you are happy with a product that I worked so hard to get out to the public! Just when I was about to throw in the towel, out of the blue, you sparked interest in Vibrato that is growing daily. For that I am thankful!
As always, should you ever have any problems, do not hesitate to contact me.
Thanks again,
Louis Steele
Owner
Vibrato, LLC.
Old 11th July 2014, 02:43 AM   #693
tomhail is offline tomhail  United States
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the pics and video of the Vibrato. I am expecting delivery of mine any day now. I have plans to take a large ammo can and custom fit the the internals of the Vibrato into it, complete with 6 RPM motor and arm and maybe a pump/filter based on suggestions from this thread. If this project works out I will post pics of the results and gladly share any tips I learned along the way. I have an inclination to build things into ammo cans (car stereos, desktop computers, and homemade power supply stations), hopefully I can add an US record cleaning machine to this list. More to come.
Old 12th July 2014, 03:40 PM   #694
diyAudio Member

Update:
In my ignorance of shipping costs, after these initial orders have been fulfilled, I am forced to increase the cost of shipping. These new shipping rates are now in effect for all new orders and listed on our Tindie webstore.
I apologize to everyone who has not ordered yet. For those who have ordered, I will ship at the original rate.
In the meantime, I will continue to search for better rates to keep your costs down.
Sincerely,
Louis Steele
Owner,
Vibrato, LLC.
Old 12th July 2014, 08:48 PM   #695
diyAudio Member

Was just notified that my unit has shipped.....

Thanks Louis
Old 13th July 2014, 12:36 PM   #696
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDRCanada View Post
Was just notified that my unit has shipped.....

Thanks Louis
Glad to hear! Let me know how you like it!
Louis Steele
Old 14th July 2014, 06:48 PM   #697
azteca is offline azteca  United States
diyAudio Member

Wow, big developments since the last time I checked in.
Louis/Vibrato, what a great unit you've come up with. I hope you enjoy the new cash-flow! Perhaps you can take some of that and do what the others have suggested and fit a filter + pump, hardware to mount the records and a motor to spin it, all within a case. I'd be glad to pay a bit extra for a non-transparent/plastic case as well.
I'll stay tuned to this thread!
Old 14th July 2014, 07:33 PM   #698
ebuzz is offline ebuzz  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by azteca View Post
Wow, big developments since the last time I checked in.
Louis/Vibrato, what a great unit you've come up with. I hope you enjoy the new cash-flow! Perhaps you can take some of that and do what the others have suggested and fit a filter + pump, hardware to mount the records and a motor to spin it, all within a case. I'd be glad to pay a bit extra for a non-transparent/plastic case as well.
I'll stay tuned to this thread!
Great idea!
Old 14th July 2014, 07:50 PM   #699
diyAudio Member

Perhaps it will take someone working with Louis to create a turnkey record cleaner. If someone has all the dimensions for the mechanism and a parts list that is all over the counter available parts that would help. If I had enough of the information I could do a cad model of this assembly and create the drawings, I am sure I am not the only one who can do that.
Old 16th July 2014, 12:59 AM   #700
tomhail is offline tomhail  United States
diyAudio Member

Update to ammo can project: Received the Vibratto last week, disassembled and mounted in a large ammo can (plenty of room for internal pump). Made a mistake and I am currently remounting the transducers. Louis has been very helpful with advice and easy to communicate with. This coming weekend I'll have the unit completely installed in it's new case and hope to have the motor and spindle mounted and wired. Once I have a working unit I will post some pictures to give others' some ideas to maybe improve on. Honestly, with a jigsaw and grinder it is not very demanding to mount the vibratto into an ammo can - durable, interesting, portable, and give lots of space for pumps and great mounting surface for the spindle, arm, and motor.

Hide this!Advertise here!