My DIY MM phono amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
DSC01139.jpg

DSC01144.jpg

DSC01147.jpg

DSC01151.jpg

DSC01152.jpg

DSC01157.jpg

Looks great, as does the rest of the gear in your set up, how about some details, schematics, listening impressions, measurements, etc.? :D

The board i used is this one:

Boozhound Laboratories: JFET Phono Preamp Kit

It runs off batteries. Check it last night, getting about 21.5 volts. Very low noise because it's running off them.

I do all measurements with my ears :) and they like it!

Overall the sound is very natural. Much more clarity than any other phono amp i've heard.

Very pleased with it.

I agree! Can you say more about how you built the case? I'm trying to think through options for an Armegeddon-like motor control/power supply ... Best --

I used a Mazak 3 axis CNC.

Are you a machinist? It would be quite confusing if i were to tell you how i made it, if you are not machine knowledgeable.

Here are some shots of other parts i've made inside my machine and parts that were just machined.

photo6-3.jpg

IMG_1042.jpg

IMG_0982.jpg

IMG_0980.jpg

IMG_0956.jpg

IMG_0951.jpg

IMG_0926.jpg

IMG_0812.jpg

IMG_0673.jpg

how do you say...you suck...and say it being P.C.?

i have to say those are way flippin cool!
did u paint them?
i love the swirls, almost tribal..

They are all raw (except for the finished pictures in the OP). The shiny ones with swirl's and such have a machined finished, other's were orbital sanded and sand blasted.

Thanks for the wonderful comments guys :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.