Calibrate speed on turntable

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Wait a microsecond... the TT boldly proclaims "quartz lock", yet has trim pots? :confused:

Anyway, it is not obvious what you were doing from the pictures alone.

I also did some speed tweaking on a basic Technics recently. The low-tech method with an object placed on the platter, a stopwatch and some patience got me within .1% of nominal speed.

Wait a microsecond... the TT boldly proclaims "quartz lock", yet has trim pots? :confused:

Anyway, it is not obvious what you were doing from the pictures alone.

I also did some speed tweaking on a basic Technics recently. The low-tech method with an object placed on the platter, a stopwatch and some patience got me within .1% of nominal speed.

Hi, the turntable is a Kenwood KD-600 and a detailed service manual can be found on Vinylengine.com. Wasn’t sure what I was doing when doing adjustments, just following instructions in service manual as you can see in images their are two wave forms on Oscilloscope. These two wave forms have to synchronize with each another, once this happens by adjusting trim pots, quartz lock circuit comes within range and takes over and locks onto speed. Turntable was brought on a site called Trademe here in NZ. site is very much like Ebay . As with all vintage gear it needs work, table came with a SME 3009 series 3 tone arm which wasn’t in very good condition, have spend a small fortune on Ebay buying parts to restore arm, also had to rewire arm wand which I didn’t find easy thing to do, very detailed work. So I get this tone arm sorted then end up with this speed issue. It’s been keeping me busy, but worth it. It’s a great performer and best deck to date. I think these direct drive decks are in a class of their own.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.