Microphonic DIY Interconnect Suggestions?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently built a set of single silver conductor shielded interconnects. I used teflon tube slightly larger than the silver wire on the assumption that a little air around the wire would add to the insulating powers of the teflon. Not sure if the rest of the construction matters, but the layers went: silver/teflon tube/teflon tape/copper conductor/larger teflon tube/copper drain/aluminum foil/shrink tube.

Anyway, to my dismay I've discovered that the interconnects are microphonic. If I bump or even touch them I hear it. I assume (!) it's the movement of the silver in the airspace of the smallest teflon tube. Has anyone here come across this? I hate to take them apart and modify them only to find the airspace wasn't the issue.

Tribolectricity -- had to look it up. Silver and teflon are the worst pairing apparently. Well, damn! I think I'll try pulling off the plug ends, sliding out the solver wire, and somehow reinsulating it before sliding it back into the teflon. Excellent ideas! Yours, not mine. Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.