SRPP phono stage? - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analogue Source

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th June 2012, 06:09 PM   #11
DF96 is offline DF96  England
diyAudio Member

The 8/15 was 8 from the final 12AU7 SRPP, and 15 from the RIAA mid band 47k/3k.
Old 6th June 2012, 02:25 AM   #12
Carlp is offline Carlp  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
@ Carlp

The last stage is essentially a line stage without a source selector, it can be omitted..

If you are seriously looking at building something check out either the Valve Itch Phono here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/analo...tch-phono.html

Or mine here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/analo...honostage.html

Either of these will run circles around the discussed design and plenty of help is available.
Thanks, Kevin. I thought the last stage was essentially a line stage, but it's weird how they only mention the phono stage in the ad - maybe their documentation is better(???). Anyway, I'm not, and hadn't been prior to this thread, thinking about building this. I was curious about the schematic b/c SRPP (which I've never heard in any form) has me intrigued.

I am very much thinking about building a tube phono stage, and have looked at the Valve Itch project. I'll also look at yours, thanks (at a quick glance yours looks very interesting but I don't understand it...yet). I started a build of Fred Nachbaur's phono stage: http://www.dogstar.dantimax.dk/tubes...cs/phono-m.gif
because I built his SE amp and loved it (it was my first electronics project). But I ran into transformer buzz and other problems and it sits unfinished in a box. Then I heard all the noise about active EQ vs passive. May never get back to it...

I am also not above a PCB project like the TubeCad Tetra or Aikido phono stages, but my first love is DIY point-to-point.

Thanks again!
Carl

Hide this!Advertise here!