SL1200mk2 powers up, but usually will not spin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently got an SL-1200MK2 that has an intermittent problem. It powers up, but when I hit the Start button it either: Does nothing; or, the platter will turn a few inches either clockwise or counterclockwise before stopping; or, the platter will turn just a tiny, barely perceptible amount when the Start button is pushed. At one point I believed I had solved the problem, since the unit came to life and worked perfectly for about a day when I sprayed DEOXIT onto the variable resistor VR201. However, the unit then resumed its prior symptoms described above, and additional spraying/rotating of VR201 did not help or change anything. I did measure the voltage at TP5 according to the service manual troubleshooting, which should be 20v, but I get 15.5v...
Anything else I can check that might isolate the problem further? The entire unit is otherwise in mint condition. TIA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.