Turntable humming.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just purchase a turntable rega rp1 and rega fono mini a2d, I connect to my tube amp and buzzing sound is appear on my speaker. I try to connect other source to my amplifier, there's no any buzzing or humming sound, so I know the freak sound is not from my amplifier.

I read the menu of my turntable, I have noted that the arm earth is automatically connect through the arm cable screening,so earthing is unnecessary.

What can I do now?Please help... Thank you!!

"I think the noise is from the tonearm."

That is very plausible.

"I have noted that the arm earth is automatically connect through the arm cable screening,so earthing is unnecessary."

That could be your problem: there are several ways to do this and the most common way is to have the turntable grounded with a separate wire to the preamp; the interconnect cable would have R & L signal as well as signal ground; the shield would NOT be connected to the preamp, only on the turntable end so as not to have a ground loop.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.