rega 3 slowing turtable speed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a Rega Planar 3 turntable,which has operated fine for the last 20 years.Now after i have played 4 lps it starts to waver and slows off pitch.Iwould like to renew the Resister and capacitor on the power board.The resister is 11k but I dont know the wattage.The capacitor is .22uf but must know which one to get.
thanks solderon.

Hi
The capacitor can cause a slowing of speed on the rega.
Other possible causes are a worn main bearing/lack of lubricant in the bearing, a binding sub platter or a worn drive belt. The alternative reasons I gave for a slowing platter are ones you can easily check. If these seem ok I would change the capacitor.
Don

Try using a new belt. Get a spare and store it with some corn starch in a ziplock bag. If you have never changed the belt, this is most likely the culprit. If you've changed the belt recently (last 2 years or so), check the pulley attachment to the motor spindle, and motor itself. Check the speed while playing a LP.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.