Magnum MD90t tuner unbalanced to balanced upgrade

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Magnum Dynalab offers a upgrade to balanced outputs for this tuner. I'm considering to do this upgrade, mainly because the output voltage with unbalanced outputs is 1V, compared to the 2.2V for the balanced outputs (info from the user manual). The 1V output is too low to obtain sufficient sound levels with a Pass B1 buffer preamp (under construction) and Aleph 2 DIY monoblocs (playing in my system for several years now). Since I have several sources with balanced outputs, I'm considering to build a balanced B1 (more info elsewhere on this forum).

Now I'm wondering to DIY a balanced output for this tuner. How is this best accomplished, keeping in mind that the goal is to obtain a higher voltage at the output? Can transformers do this? Or are there good opamp design available (I could use discrete opamps such as Burson or NewClassD)? What about sound quality: transformers compared to good quality opamp's?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.