Help wanted mono not stereo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Help wanted!!

I think I have a weird problem but hope it is perfectly explainable and I am overlooking something obvious.

I have just finished my Hagerman octal phono amp with MC trafos and it is finaly humfree which is a very nice thing. But when I connect my player I have a mono signal. When unplug one of the two rca connectors (left or right the other stays connected) I have no signal.

I am pretty sure it has to do with my arm (VPI 12.7) while bugfixing the hum I dismantled a small plug. I think have put it back on the right way but I am not 100% sure. When I connect my old phono amp (non tube) that always played stereo very fine and that I have not touched recently I have the same problem. hence I think it is the arm. I have also switched the MC cart and the same problem. Also switched cables and the problem persists.

I have measured all leads in the arm and all connect and non shorts between themor with earth.

Where to look? Help!

Thanks for your help.
I have solved the problem just now. I had a wiring problem at the mc trafo. I knew this because I routed the mc cart into the mm stage and the problem disappeared. I resoldered everything and I have stereo at last :) Indeed probably swapped somewhere..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.