kits from scratch - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analogue Source

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th March 2012, 06:51 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to vdi_nenna
Check Chior Audio. The DIY TT parts are buried on the site for some reason.

chioraudio.com

Choir Audio

Choir Audio
Old 29th March 2012, 08:49 PM   #12
Nanook is offline Nanook  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default Costs...

Well,once you buy a kit, then you still need a motor (for the Choir Audio). All of a sudden the table is appearing to cost close to similar complete tables. A Rega RP-3 may end up at exactly the same cost, with unknown results. The potential kit I am suggesting is the exact same as a well regarded European TT, using the exact same parts as their commercial product.

I had tried to do this with Grant Fidelity a few years ago to no successful outcome. Chinese makers required the purchase of enough stock to bankrupt most any small nations. I need to look closer at local manufacturing vs. importation from Europe.

As soon as more details are available, I'll create a post in vendors bizarre.
Old 29th March 2012, 09:13 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to vdi_nenna
Choir has motors also. There are three kit levels to full TT for sale.
Old 29th March 2012, 09:29 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Default TT Kits

I am going to bow out on my opening thread. (TT Kits) Having visited a Hi-Fi shop in Ottawa, I have seen and heard the Pro-ject Essential and at $525.00+Tx Canadian $s it eases the mind on Bang for the buck! Being able to hear it NOW or save money for a killer setup? The Kit may have me pining for some time, but what I heard I can enjoy again sooner than milling wood and waiting on $ to fall into my pockets! There are no free lunches here, but I will save my $$ till nanook gets his stuff online! Maybe it will be worth the short time! Nanook?
Pro-Ject Audio Systems
Old 30th March 2012, 05:28 PM   #15
Nanook is offline Nanook  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default kingfisher... we all do what we need to.

Quote:
I am going to bow out on my opening thread. (TT Kits) Having visited a Hi-Fi shop in Ottawa, I have seen and heard the Pro-ject Essential and at $525.00+Tx Canadian $s it eases the mind on Bang for the buck! Being able to hear it NOW or save money for a killer setup? The Kit may have me pining for some time, but what I heard I can enjoy again sooner than milling wood and waiting on $ to fall into my pockets! There are no free lunches here, but I will save my $$ till nanook gets his stuff online! Maybe it will be worth the short time! Nanook?
I am sure the Pro-ject is competent. Please don't jump on the first decent table that you audition. I suggest that you seek out a dealer to demo a Rega RP-1. The tonearm can be improved as funds permit as well as the platter bearing, the platter, the sub-platter, motor, motor mount, power supply and the motor pulley. Or seek out as many dealers as you can with differrent brand options. The MMF series of tables are made by Pro-ject (AFAIK), but are market through Music Hall.

Or look at a used higher end table. I know that any possible kit of parts will be at least 30 days out from me. Have a look at Canuck Audiomart to see if anything there tickles your fancy. Of course there are always the sponsors here at DIYaudio, and private members selling stuff here as well.

Feel free to PM me for further info regarding the potential kits.
Old 6th May 2012, 01:31 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfisher View Post
Hello nanook, it would be a good thing for us all if this assemble could be made available. I only hope I am flush when the time comes! Here's to hope
hello, i saw in one of your older posts that you were selling a BP30 balanced power supply by alpha core. is that still available?

max
Old 18th May 2012, 01:42 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

Default Turntable Parts Drawings

Hi Guys, I have just received a Updated email circular from TemaadAudio. They are apparently now offering a complete set of engineering drawings for their base level T/T and 12inch arm for $50, Could save a lot of hassle for potentual kit builders. They also offer 2 complete Kits including stand alone offboard DC motor, One at $300 and the other at $450.
Cheers

Hide this!Advertise here!