Garrard Turntable Synchro Lab 55 B

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just bought Garrard Synchro Lab 55 B Turntable, cleaned it up added new stylus and was ready to enjoy. Stacked some LPs and first one dropped and stylus ran out to second to last track on LP, It played the two tracks and dropped next LP with stylus running dropping on second last track of this LP.

Noticed that their were two 33 settings, so reset to the LP 33 setting. Record dropped and stylus fell on first track of LP, but only for a second before the arm jumped back to the cradle and another LP dropped and so on and so on..... I looked for an adjustment to modify this repeated dropping of LPs without ever hearing a note and couldn't find any way to adjust .

Any suggestions on handling this problem?

Thanks,

John

if it works in manual, just use it that way...

Remove the centre "changer " spindle, and put a single play one in and choose the record size correctly. Could also use the "manual" switch, and just use it as a manual table (the Lab60 alows for it, so I'm thinking the SL55 should as well).

If the timing is off due to broken pieces, without new ones, can be a bear to try to fix.

Hi,

The "fun" with such beasts was working out how they worked, it might
be some parts just need greasing to work correctly. AFAIK the only
records you won't have problems with using in a stacker are 7" 45's
with the rdges in the centre that prevent the records slipping.

There will be some way of adjusting the drop and lift points.

rgds, sreten.

Garrard SL 55 Owners Manual, Service Manual, Schematics, Free Download | Vinyl Engine

sreten:True regarding learning how things work. But frustrating if all you want to do is listen to some music.

John:If the table works manually, then sreten's commets about learning about the mechanics of changers could be instructional. If you want to listen to music (and not necessarily using a changer), manual operation makes sense (not that sreten's comments don't).

If you need some parts I gutted a LAB60 , and have most of the stuff in a box (the timing cam as an example). As I wasn't too worried about restoring the old changer, I just cut it all out, or disassembled portions,. If you need anything from this table, let me know. (PM me if you like). I'd gladly give the parts to you. You get a prepaid Fed-Ex shipping label and email it to me. (your address as "ship to", mine as "sender"). That way no $s exchange and you get the parts for your shipping cost. Other than that I'd suggest getting another similar table locally if possible, and check it out. If it works then you have something to compare to.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.