Bugle phono problems...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I built a bugle phono for a friend a few days ago and when shipped to him, i have no way to plug and test it here, he said it didnt work. I really have no idea why though. He shipped it back and i checked for solder bridges, cold joints, polarity of caps and such but found no cosmetic flaw. One thing that he pointed out was that both of the batteries get quite hot, more than what would be reasonably expected. I used the stock parts from the hagtech.com site except for the switch (a black panel mount rocker) and the rca jacks, i used some digikey panel mount. When i wired it together, i connected all three , i guess "ground" points with resistor lead clippings, for each jack. Also, i left out R16 and R34.

Anyone have any ideas as to why the batteries overheat and no sound comes out?

Any help will be appreciated.

Ivan C.

Peranders,

i built it according to the site, including onboard 9v holders, they were the ones suggested so i see no way of soldering it wrong. I triple checked to see if the chips were on right and they are, the little dot on the chip is aligned with the little dent type thing on the board pic. I do have a cheapy dvm, not the best but what they hey! How would i test the phono with it? I dont have a dig cmera but only a 6 year old webcam, below decent photos.

thanks

ivan c.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
How 'bout that switch?

You have an external mounted switch...did you double-check the connection to pcb? And linked the right spaces?

Arne K

Attachments

• 106-0696_img.jpg
    106-0696_img.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 428
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.