Poly-props or electrolytic caps for Phono OpAmp PS bypass application?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Guys,
I'm working on a new solid state phono stage design. It uses Op-Amps for gain and buffering stages. I'm pondering whether to use Poly-prop or electrolytic capacitors for power supply bypass, located very next to the active components. Thinking of doing RC filter with 10...30 oHm resistors in series to create low pass filter at each op-amp.

Electrolytic capacitors are about 1 to 2KuF value and "good" Nichicon audio type with low ESR.
Poly-prop's are about 5...20uF value, probably Solen or "Dayton Audio" brands.

Large electrolytic capacitors have much lower impedance but worst DF (dissipation factor). This I assume somewhat higher distortion and sound smear.
Poly-props have higher impedance (due to lower capacitance) but much better DF. So I assume better/clearer sound to them.

What I'm not sure about is what is more important for fast/clean sound: bypass capacitors DF or total capacitance hence better filtering.

I'd appreciate your comments. I'd like to hear how would you describe sound differences between lythics and poly-props in PS bypass application.

Thanks
Sergy
Dayton OH

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.