AT50ANV - Audio Technica's 50th Anniversary MC Cartridge

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is this cartridge the successor of the ART-1 (ART1, ARTI, ART-ONE, ART-I), Audio Technica's 25th Anniversary cartridge ??
here some URLs:
AT50ANV (short form data-sheet)
Audio Technica 50th Anniversary
ƒAƒiƒ�ƒOƒŒƒR�[ƒhƒvƒŒ�[ƒ„�[�•ƒJ�[ƒgƒŠƒbƒW
Sondermodelle zum 50. Geburtstag von Audio-Technica! - AT50ANV | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Perhaps this cartridge blown away anything MC known before. By the brand "Audio Technica" this is very likely. I recall, that 1987 this was the case by the model "Art 1".

Here some URLs to the "ART-1":
Article | Audio Technica Reference | Page133 - April1989 - Gramophone Archive
VANTAGEaudio information sheet, Audio Technica ART-1 MC Cartridge
Pulled The Trigger on a Garrard 401 - AudioKarma.org Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums

There is also a 50th Anniversary MM cartridge:
model AT150ANV

Attachments

• AT50ANV bottom view-I.jpg
    AT50ANV bottom view-I.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 457
  • AT50ANV bottom view-II.jpg
    AT50ANV bottom view-II.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 448
  • AT50ANV headshell.jpg
    AT50ANV headshell.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 450
  • AT50ANV showcase.jpg
    AT50ANV showcase.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 466
  • at50anv showcase-II.jpg
    at50anv showcase-II.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 441
  • AT50ANV.jpg
    AT50ANV.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 116
  • Art 1 front.jpg
    Art 1 front.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 104
  • Art 1 connectors.jpg
    Art 1 connectors.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 95
  • art1c.jpg
    art1c.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 107
  • art1 frequency response.jpg
    art1 frequency response.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Hi,

thanks for the info! Always nice to see new products in this field, though these pieces are likely to be only shortly offered and not regularly available. At that price that will concern only few anyway.

Hannes

audio-technica AT50ANV MC Cartridge | eBay

actually it is a very reasonable price and (like already by Art-1) probably a very good price to quality ratio.
Have a look to the prices from Lyra's MC cartridges:
PhonoPhono - - Lyra
LYRAAUDIO.COM
At least in Germany this cartridges are much more expensive.

in the meantime there are released this both successors from the ANV50:
with nearly the same purchase price:

1) ART7
2) ART9

What are the sound differences?

According the datqasheets there is noted as only different the various materials of the core from the inductor, thus the ART9 provides 5-times more output voltage. Here the URLs with the descriptions from Audio Technica:
Audio-Technica - Products - Cartridges - Moving Coil Cartridges - AT-ART9
Audio-Technica - Products - Cartridges - Moving Coil Cartridges - AT-ART7

Thank you for informations.

This is interesting (from the AT web site):

"DIRECT POWER SYSTEM
To ensure audio quality is uncompromised by the cantilever’s length and material, the moving coil is positioned directly above the stylus tip without the need to transmit along the length of the cantilever. This close proximity between the coil movement and stylus tip allows the AT-ART1000 to vividly reproduce the finest sonic details, incredibly accurate medium and low frequencies, and deliver unsurpassed transient response."

I can't get a clear view of how this works from the photos on the site. Then again, given the cost of this thing, there is no risk of me ever buying one so it doesn't matter how it works!!

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.