Transcriptor Skeleton / Vestigal Resurrection

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have been reading as much as I can about cartridges while using the forum’s search function but I thought I’d add my cartridge question in with the other inquiries.

Share you thoughts about a decent high compliance cartridge for my Vestigal tonearm. It presently has an Audio Technica AT3600L. My budget is under 300.

Does anyone know what the Transcriptor Skeleton went for back in 1973-77?

Although I’ll probably use a digital pressure gauge to help set up the cartridge is the original Transcriptor scale with weights available from any retailer?

Although it ended up being a little pricey because of the 1/2" thick glass we’re using… I’m in the process of constructing a nice 4-shelf “Flexy Rack” with SS hardware.

I can’t wait to get into vinyl again… my first purchase was the Skeleton TT and I’m trying to align myself maybe with a couple of decent mono-blocks, speakers and preamp.

VintageSteroGuy
In the sub-tropical retirement zone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.