Technics SL-1210MK2 Audio Leads

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My leads are very old and appear to be brittle. I plan to replace them. I figured the easiest way to do it is get a "good" RCA cable with male connectors on it, cut it in half and both leads are now ready to install. My questions are:
1. What cable do I use?
2. Where do I get it in my area (San Diego) or on the net?
Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Low capacitance and good shielding are a big win with a standard output cartridge.... I replaced my 1200's cable with blue jeans cable LC-1, nice improvement, only thing is they're fat, I had to remove the cover plate, and I still haven't found a good way to give strain relief without the stock cable clamp.

Cable for SL-1200

Hi.
I have restored many SL-1200 and i use a balanced pure silver cable from Bruel and Kjaer.It´s very expensive but as a compliment i have the Van Damme Pro Patch Cable it´s 4.85 mm and balanced ultra pure silver coated copper cable.Nearly just as good.
Very cheap for such a very good cable.I have tried evrything available to me in europe and usa for reasonable money,belive me.
Use as follows.Use the two conductors as left and right + and - from the board in the turntable and just let the screen be soldered at the RCA plugs with the minus from the board,in this case you can later on use it a balanced with XLR connectors if you want to upgrade with a balanced amp.If not you can solder the screen on the transmitting side and not the rca plug,always use a balanced cable for the cable from the tonearm it´s much better than using the screen as blue and green from the cartridge.
This is the cable.
Van damme Balanced Pro Patch Cable Black (per metre) | eBay
I think Belden in US has a 1800F balanced mic cable that would fix it for you.
Hope this makes sence for you.
Regards PK Sweden.

Leads fro 1200

Hi.
Use balnce cables from the 1200 board.just solder the screen on the sending side not on the rca side and use the two conductors in each balanced cable for the left and right + and - from the board.Much better tha using the screen as blue and green from the cartridge.I use Van damme patch cable ultra pure silver plated copper,very nice cable i have tried most and come to the conclution thet this gives most for the money.
Heres the cable.
Van damme Balanced Pro Patch Cable Black (per metre) | eBay
I think Belden 100F balanced in USA can be used,very good as well and not too thick.
Any question just post a reply
regards PK

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.