Qed R232 Arm???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I try to find what is this arm on my QED R232 turntable. I write to QED customer service the awnser I got (i found funny) was a REGA arm . But to me is't not a Rega.

Thanks,

Faxurda

Attachments

• arm1.jpg
    arm1.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 432
QED reply me again this is the awnser

"Dear Faxurda,
I am told that the tone arm was our own design, but unfortunately we have no details as the product was discontinued some time ago.

Sorry I cannot help on this occasion,
Yours sincerely
Laurence Dearling"

:eek: Guy's QED did not keep some archived.

Here a other picture

Attachments

• arm3.jpg
    arm3.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 368
QED R232 arm

These are the facts about the tone arm fitted to the QED R232 turntable. The original QED arm was designed by a small UK company called Helios. QED did however modify the design in house to improve performance and manufacturability. All QED arm's were manufactured in QED's own factory. The cartridge was a modified Goldring Epic, but the stylus fitted, was a unique design to QED's specification.
QED are now part of Armour Group plc.

Its definitely not a Rega. I hadn't heard the Helios link before though? I presume Bob means Helius Designs of Evesham?

From the manual its got a gimbal style, 3 point bearing ball race and has 20m grms vertical friction and 35m grms horizontal. Not the most useful specs but it does go on to say that if you want to use an alternative cartridge you can remove the spacer and each quarter turn of the counterweight is equivalent to 0.1g tracking force.

FWIW the electronic speed control version of the turntable was £199 in 1985 and came fitted with the super elliptical cartridge (the T.N.E 'true naked elliptical' was available as an upgrade). It was part of QED's original 230 series of components.

Regards,
JaS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.