May I have your ideas for this opamp>LCR>opamp>tube>output transformer phono stage - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analogue Source

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd November 2011, 04:58 AM   #1
Witti is offline Witti  Thailand
diyAudio Member

Default May I have your ideas for this opamp>LCR>opamp>tube>output transformer phono stage

Hi

May I have your opinion please. Thank you.

Click the image to open in full size.

http://www.youtube.com/v/T4wptG4eCTs

http://www.youtube.com/v/xCabYdRFaEo

http://www.youtube.com/v/noZEZDnT0gE
Old 3rd November 2011, 05:46 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

I'd love to see schematics.

Sounds good
Old 3rd November 2011, 06:12 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Nice sounding phono stage.
Old 4th November 2011, 02:28 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Please see schematic. Thanks.

Old 4th November 2011, 12:09 PM   #5
oshifis is offline oshifis  Hungary
diyAudio Member

I have some questions: what is the LCR component between the IC stages? What is the purpose of the tube and the output transformer? (Or what is the purpose of the IC stages, in other words why not full tube or full IC design?)
Old 4th November 2011, 02:16 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Why not add a 10k volume control in front of the tube section and use it as a line preamp to drive your power amp directly. In other words, have the IC section as a stand alone phono stage and the tube section as a line stage. Looks like they are physically separated in your project anyway. The YouTube videos sound nice but where are the shots showing the preamp? Have fun with your project.
Old 4th November 2011, 04:19 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshifis View Post
I have some questions: what is the LCR component between the IC stages? What is the purpose of the tube and the output transformer? (Or what is the purpose of the IC stages, in other words why not full tube or full IC design?)
LCR is a RIAA equalization passive network consists of L:inductor C:capacitor and R:resistor. Opamp has some advantages and vacuum tube also has some advantages I would like to get it all so I use both.
Old 4th November 2011, 04:58 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by directdriver View Post
Why not add a 10k volume control in front of the tube section and use it as a line preamp to drive your power amp directly. In other words, have the IC section as a stand alone phono stage and the tube section as a line stage. Looks like they are physically separated in your project anyway. The YouTube videos sound nice but where are the shots showing the preamp? Have fun with your project.
I have already had CD player + pre amp + power amp system and I am new at record playing that is the reason why I built this phono stage. This phono stage consists of both IC and tube section working all together and because of the tube section used to be my headphone amp so you can see them like they are physically separated but it will be finished in one piece box with another piece of power supply box. The sound of YouTube videos was recorded directly from this phono stage to mic port of notebook computer via mini to mini cable (I used a notebook computer to record these videos). Thank you.

Last edited by Witti; 4th November 2011 at 05:14 PM.
Old 10th November 2011, 04:18 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

I am preparing for easily portable version. It will be delivered to my friend's houses for seriously audition test. ^ ^

Last edited by Witti; 10th November 2011 at 04:24 AM.
Old 10th November 2011, 08:04 AM   #10
Bonsai is offline Bonsai  Taiwan
diyAudio Member

Looks good! Good luck with the audition.

How are things going with te flood by the way?

Hide this!Advertise here!