Denon Dl-103 resonance frequency

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear all,

I read on this forum and in many articles that the Denon DL-103 is not a good match with the medium weight Rega arms and that it prefers high mass arms.
Indeed the resonance frequency I computed using the specified compliance and one of the many charts that can be found on the web is high at about 20hz (if I well remember).
However I now had the opportunity to measure its resonance on my Rega arm by using the Hi-Fi News test LP and I got 13hz which is a rather good value.

I am interested in your opinions

Thank you

Renato

I'm using a DL103 on my RB250, with the plastic body and test record the resonance was 10 Hz azimuth and 8Hz vertical. I did cheat though as I'm using a Townshend Rock and had the Trough damper in place. I have now changed the body to an aluminium one (similar to ZU) and this has added some mass I shall have to remeasure at some stahe.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.