Dual CS-701 Bearing Adjustment

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have recently acquired a Dual 701, the arm bearings of which are a bit loose. Does anyone know where I could obtain the small two pronged tool which is required to adjust them in conjunction with a screwdriver?

I guess I could fabricate one from an old screwdriver, but it would be a total PITA:(

I have recently acquired a Dual 701, the arm bearings of which are a bit loose. Does anyone know where I could obtain the small two pronged tool which is required to adjust them in conjunction with a screwdriver?

I guess I could fabricate one from an old screwdriver, but it would be a total PITA:(

The arm bearings are supposed to be just the tiniest bit loose. I've made tools like that for other gear. One was made from a 5/16 socket head capscrew. Drilled a hole in the threaded end and the ground down the 2 sides leaving a sort of screwdriver tip that mates with the same sort of lock screw as on the Dual. The socket head is the 'handle' and since it isn't very big it's hard to force anything too much.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.